Mazda 6 Forums banner

2012 2.5L Mazda 6 P0101 CEL help?

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  WildVoodooMagic 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I have a 2012 6 with the 2.5L engine with 113k miles. In addition to the new exhaust from the cat back that I had installed mid summer last year, I have installed a new intake into my car, Corksport short ram intake, and the car has produced a P0101 light since I installed in Oct last year. So far I have tried a new intake from Corksport, new maf, cleaning the old maf, putting the OE air box back in with the old MAF and clearing the codes with a scanner (many many many times I have done this and the code will leave for 20-50mi then come back). Nothing has removed the CEL for more than 100mi. I installed the new MAF last week and the code came back within 20mi but then I cleared it and drove ~100mi (44mi then 6hrs sitting then another 44mi) before it came back on this morning right at startup (cold start @ 18F).

Besides the code, the car is running great.

I am running out of ideas on what to do or how to fix this. The only thing I haven't tried is the new MAF with the OE box but at this point I have put enough money into this that I don't want to go back to the OE box. Luckily I have until end of April for my inspection. No other codes occur alongside the P0101.

What would you suggest as a next step here?

Thank you!

See less See more
#3 ·
So without jinxing myself....hopefully...my issues seemed to stem from a faulty MAF sensor. Not sure what or why exactly. I get inspected tomorrow so I will know for sure if the problem(s) is fixed.

Mazmart is where I got my MAF from. They replaced the faulty one with no issues.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.