Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I changed my rear brake pads about 2 months ago. But a few days ago I noticed the left rear wheel was really hot after a 10 mile drive from work. And I mean hot. So I left it cool, removed the wheel, and pads, turned the piston back 1 half turn and refitted everything but the problem is still there.
Can anyone help me out here??

·
Registered
102 Posts
I had the same problem about 3 weeks after I changed my brakes, the rear left brake was so hot it was smoking. I checked out everything on mine after it cooled down but it fixed itself. It might have been the shims/clips that hold the pads got stuck or another reason is the parking brake was stuck on somehow. You should check both of those.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank for taking the time to answer. It crossed my mind to strip the lot down and clean everything so I might as well try.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Make sure your pads are straight and your guide pins are clean and lightly lubed. Too much grease on the pins will cause problems, too.

Sent from the wrong side of the tracks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the advice. I stripped the lot out again and cleaned the the lot .Wire brushed the shims, replaced the pad as cracks had developed in the others, I assume from the heat. Bled it and it seems ok now. So fingers crossed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts