Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2010/01/2011-...officially.html

This doesn't really apply to us in America, since we don't even have the same car. But still worth the look.
I wonder what MazdaUSA is going to do for the facelift. I hope they just give us the pre-facelift global design. Not a weird wonky mashup of droopy tail lights, awful proportions, and nissan altima wide mouth look that we currently have.

·
Vendor
757 Posts
I am not really feeling it with the facelift. The cars are really nice inside and but they look..... rather plain.

-Derrick

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (Corksport @ Jan 28 2010, 01:48 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1633023
I am not really feeling it with the facelift. The cars are really nice inside and but they look..... rather plain.

-Derrick[/b]

I think the pre-facelift looks a lot better. I think in this new version, it looks way too forced to unify with the rest of the lineup's smily faces.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Having seen shots of the redesigned 5 and CX-7, it's obvious Mazda is sticking to this ass-ugly design approach.

Just when they start getting cars people are interested in, they go for goofy.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Whatever...I got distracted looking at the shots of the FT86 Toybaru concept instead.

I have to agree about the goofy grin design language Mazda has adopted, don't personally care for it...I like my cars to be pissed off looking rather than happy go lucky like a little puppy pissing on the kitchen floor when you get home from work.

·
Registered
317 Posts
did they apply other more important changes underneath besides the cosmetic? Like the one gen1 got in late 2005. In one article I found, pre facelift gen1 circles skidpad at 80kph, post facelift: 110kph.
http://www.faw.com/news/dzjy_jybj/jyzb/20050915082100009.htm
"Dampers, coil springs, stabilizer bars, and suspension bushings have all been updated to deliver even sharper response. In dry lateral G performance tests (maximum cornering ability before loss of control on a dry surface), the current model*s 80km/h maximum test speed has now been increased to 110 km/h, making the Mazda6 worthy of the title "king of the track"."

·
Registered
2,830 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
I like the interior. And lovin the tornado rims

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Looks a lot better. I am glad is isnt happy looking. the interior looks nice too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts