Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking into slapping a turbo onto my 2011 Mazda 6, 2.5L, 4 banger. I was wondering if anyone has done this before on this specific model and if anyone has any good suggestions for a turbo. I know the newer 2021 models have a turbo option but I’m not sure if it would be better to use whatever they put in it or to go with something completely different

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just recently got the same car as you, wondering if you could suggest a place to get side skirts that fit? Or if you know the size? I can’t seem to find any.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just recently got the same car as you, wondering if you could suggest a place to get side skirts that fit? Or if you know the size? I can’t seem to find any.
I’ve tried looking for those there aren’t any. You might be able to get away with finding some for a speed6 but you’ll probably have to do some slight modification to them

·
Registered
2013 Mazda 6i Grand Touring - 2.5L I4 Auto
102 Posts
If you really, really want to turbocharge this engine, you certainly could. You would be doing a lot of custom work and you would have little to no support doing it - including from this forum. The cost would be phenomenal, I'm sure. The 2G is really very under-rated and there aren't a lot of performance parts out there for them. My advice would be to forget it. Find a 3.7L V6 engined car and buy that one. You would almost double the hp of what you have now with the only worry being the water pump failing and dripping coolant into the oil pan. But that can be prevented by replacing the pump periodically.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts