Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damn im loving the new 2011 mustang, especially the V6 model. I like the new V8, but that 6 sounds good and it's lighter and probably perform better on a road track than the slightly heavier V8...

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
They're both excellent from what I can see. Tough choice. I can't wait to test drive both. I wish I could find some place to test them in an auto-x setting. Alternatively I need to find some friends that will be buying them. lol

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just hope Ford racing supports the V6 as they would with the gt model. Imagine the V6 with sport track package?... and the GT's brembo brake kit... Ford really stepped up there game...

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yah thats what I meant actually, I know you can opt it with that. Damns I wanna test drive one too...

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
They say the V6 feels more floaty. Nothing beats the 5.0 for aftermarket mods too.
What aftermarket mods?

The Coyote 5.0 is not the same engine as the pushrod 4.9 302 (purposely misnamed the 5.0 to avoid confusion with the 300 L6)

Challenger SE just fell into dead last place. It was pretty damn close when Ford's V6 Mustang had a dumpy 12 valve POS Exploder engine derived from the '74 Mustang II, but now that the Mustang has an upgraded Mazda6S motor? Not even close...:D

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,546 Posts
I'll bet the next SEMA show will have a ton of cars and products for both the V6 and 5.0. I think the market is full of V6 owners that want to enjoy the 300+ HP and decent gas mileage, and would like to do a little modding as well.

Ford seems to be on a roll lately, and IMO these new engines throw the Camaro and Challenger off the map, live axle or no live axle...

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Ford seems to be on a roll lately, and IMO these new engines throw the Camaro and Challenger off the map, live axle or no live axle...
I don't know about blowing the Camaro off the map...

It at the least, puts it in the same league as the Camaro and maybe the Genesis coupe.

Chrysler has been promising this awesome Pentastar V6 that is 40 lbs lighter than the Camaro's 3.6 and will be shared with various Mercedes Benz vehicles. Apparently they didn't just share development of the Pentastar with their former partner but also shared the German tendancy to have endless meetings over protocol and product position rather than moving into testing and production.

Doesn't matter. It will be too little, too late for the big Chally. (that and I bet the Challenger SE still only has a 4 speed automatic instead of a manual)

But wtf with the back bumper? Did they run out of paint? Just leave it plain black plastic! That's classy :rolleyes: Classy like a base model Cavalier bumper.

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,546 Posts
I don't know about blowing the Camaro off the map...

It at the least, puts it in the same league as the Camaro and maybe the Genesis coupe.
From Car & Driver:
Strapped with our test gear, we spurred a new V-6 Mustang with the standard six-speed manual to 60 mph in 5.4 seconds and through the quarter-mile in 14 flat at 104 mph... the 3520-pound Mustang V-6 is 0.5 second quicker than the 3800-pound Chevy Camaro V-6 in both measures...and the Ford also outruns the slightly lighter and more powerful Hyundai Genesis V-6 coupe.
2011 Ford Mustang V6 - Short Take Road Test - Auto Reviews - Car and Driver

From other sources, the V8s are the same story: The 5.0 has a 0.2-0.5 seconds advantage from 0-60, and similar times in the 1/4-mile.

It's all in the weight, in which the Mustangs have a 350-400 lb. advantage over the bow-ties, which is quite significant. C&D also picked the '10 Mustang over the Camaro and Challenger (here) based on it's handling merits, which seems to have improved further for '11.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
From Car & Driver:

2011 Ford Mustang V6 - Short Take Road Test - Auto Reviews - Car and Driver

From other sources, the V8s are the same story: The 5.0 has a 0.2-0.5 seconds advantage from 0-60, and similar times in the 1/4-mile.

It's all in the weight, in which the Mustangs have a 350-400 lb. advantage over the bow-ties, which is quite significant. C&D also picked the '10 Mustang over the Camaro and Challenger (here) based on it's handling merits, which seems to have improved further for '11.
I'm not convinced by a run from Car and Driver on a pre-production model.
I'll wait until I drive one before I state if it re-created the class.

But as far as the unpainted plastic around the bumper:

I rest my case.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Spaz - I think Mazda also ran out of paint when they were painting the back bumper of my speed 6 lol...

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
But wtf with the back bumper? Did they run out of paint? Just leave it plain black plastic! That's classy :rolleyes: Classy like a base model Cavalier bumper.
No kidding. That's about the cheesiest shit seen in a looooong time. 2 years at least.....

Spaz - I think Mazda also ran out of paint when they were painting the back bumper of my speed 6 lol...
:lol:

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Yeah that's totally the lamest shit ever haha flamers...wait...hey now!

PS
What sucks hard is how fucking expensive that plastic is on our cars.
I'm not going to go looking for it, but didn't someone here buy a G-35 coupe and then removed the painted bumper filler to swap-on the NON painted piece......

1 - 20 of 34 Posts