Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a fairly stock mazda6 4 banger and I've actually been looking to get g35 to upgrade horsepower, but can't find good ones in my area. So I've decided to keep my Mazda and try to build it but there's not much I can do to add power other than turbo charge or super charge it and I'm trying to stay away from turbos because I don't trust that my engine can handle boost long term. With that said I'm trying to figure out if my stock build would be strong enough to handle the horsepower that the supercharger would add and if so which supercharger should I buy? If you have any other suggestions to add power I'd love to hear them. I'm aiming to get to 270-330hp, thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
By "fairly stock" I mean I've added a k&n air filter and straight piped from the cat

·
Registered
293 Posts
I'm trying to stay away from turbos because I don't trust that my engine can handle boost long term.
With that said I'm trying to figure out if my stock build would be strong enough to handle the horsepower that the supercharger
What makes you think that an engine that can't handle an easy to source turbo would be able to handle it?

Adding any form of supercharger is going to place strains on the engine it was not designed for; and once you get it optimized* you are going to have to worry about if the transaxle will be able to handle the increased torque.

Optimizing to get the most out of it is going to be a long and costly process. You are looking at new ECU mappings, and some more hardware like camshafts and pistons.
When all is said and done; you would be better off getting the turbo version of the car, or an actual G35

1 - 3 of 3 Posts