Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 mazda 6 and wanted to change the transmission fluid and filter (160K miles). I can not seem to find any picture / you tube on how to change. I have changed a lot of transmission filters on other cars and no issues. This transmission seems to have the "pan" on the front side (horizontal) and one plug on the bottom to drain. I also can not find the correct filer. I have a A39010 TF80/81 filter is this correct? Thanks for any assistance

·
Rally Racer
1,732 Posts
I have a 2010 mazda 6 and wanted to change the transmission fluid and filter (160K miles). I can not seem to find any picture / you tube on how to change. I have changed a lot of transmission filters on other cars and no issues. This transmission seems to have the "pan" on the front side (horizontal) and one plug on the bottom to drain. I also can not find the correct filer. I have a A39010 TF80/81 filter is this correct? Thanks for any assistance
Do you have the 5-speed ATX or the 6-speed ATX?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I believe the filter is integrated into the transmission pan with your GH. No need to waste your time waiting for part of the fluid to drain from the drain hole, just drop the pan right away. I would suggest using Redline ATF fluid.

If this is your first time servicing the transmission fluid at that mileage there is certainly some risk, but better late than never. I would recommend replacing the solenoids and inspecting the valve body while the pan is out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
MazdaMoisturization
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing