Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
2014 Touring Manual Trans

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Holy crap I hope my Mazda 6 lasts this long! Congrats on the milestone!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for well wishes. I'm just hoping I get it paid off before it let's me down.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Thanks for well wishes. I'm just hoping I get it paid off before it let's me down.

I feel you on that one. I bought my 2014 GT last April with 53k. I know have 109000 on it. I hope I can get this paid off before it clunks out. At this rate, at 4 years she will have 215k miles or so.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Only thing I had difficulty diagnosing was the oxygen sensor. If you get those codes the best way to test if it's the sensor is to unplug it and see if your driveability comes back. I unnecessarily replaced some other things before I figured that out. I also had to do a belt and tensioner at some point but it wasn't terrible to do.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Only thing I had difficulty diagnosing was the oxygen sensor. If you get those codes the best way to test if it's the sensor is to unplug it and see if your driveability comes back. I unnecessarily replaced some other things before I figured that out. I also had to do a belt and tensioner at some point but it wasn't terrible to do.

What was your maintenance schedule if you don't mind me asking? A lot of us want our 6's to run at least half as long and would love to know how to get ours to this milestone (pun intended I guess)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I use amsoil's best oil with their filter every 10-12k miles. Had brake fluid replaced at 100k(probably will do again soon as I'm probably going to need to replace my rear calipers.) Coolant flushed at 120k per the manual. Will replace myself just from the overflow probably from now on. Had to replace a lot of it because I did the water pump with the new belt around 150k while I was there. Replaced manual trans fluid at 100k or so also with red line. Otherwise just air filters and cabin air filters as appropriate. I have a jbr Sri on it now and I think since about 100k or so.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I use amsoil's best oil with their filter every 10-12k miles. Had brake fluid replaced at 100k(probably will do again soon as I'm probably going to need to replace my rear calipers.) Coolant flushed at 120k per the manual. Will replace myself just from the overflow probably from now on. Had to replace a lot of it because I did the water pump with the new belt around 150k while I was there. Replaced manual trans fluid at 100k or so also with red line. Otherwise just air filters and cabin air filters as appropriate. I have a jbr Sri on it now and I think since about 100k or so.

How has the SRI treated you?! Curious because a lot of owners report a loss in low end torque/power. Also thanks for responding, I will definitely try my best to mirror your maintenance schedule!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I can't say I noticed a loss of power but can't really say I noticed a gain either. I like the sound though and the room it made under the hood when you need to get in there. I can understand the argument for not getting it though. Especially if you're in a manual transmission car my favorite upgrade was the rear motor mount. Mine is corksport but I'm sure the jbr one is good also. It did increase nvh a bit, but to me it's totally worth it. If I get another Mazda 6 when I payoff this one like I intend to, I want to move the Sri over and add an exhaust. I feel like the two together would be more complimentary.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I can't say I noticed a loss of power but can't really say I noticed a gain either. I like the sound though and the room it made under the hood when you need to get in there. I can understand the argument for not getting it though. Especially if you're in a manual transmission car my favorite upgrade was the rear motor mount. Mine is corksport but I'm sure the jbr one is good also. It did increase nvh a bit, but to me it's totally worth it. If I get another Mazda 6 when I payoff this one like I intend to, I want to move the Sri over and add an exhaust. I feel like the two together would be more complimentary.

I have an exhaust and a few suspension mods from CorkSport. I may get the rear motor mount because of all its praise!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
7 Participants
TalonTsi90
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing