Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, how are you doing here?
I am to buy 2nd gen wagon, petrol model.
Yes, its quite second hand and topic might not be of interest for many, but could you advice, what should I pay attention most when getting 130-180k km run model. What parts been weak that come risky on second hand mazda.
Thanks guys!
Justin

·
Rally Racer
2,355 Posts
Like @Archerfish states there are not too many MK.2 versions on here and even fewer wagons as they were not brought to the US. I would check basics. Make sure the vehicle tracks well and the tire do not show uneven wear (be dubious if they are brand new). Make sure it tracks straight when you brake firmly and that all the fluids (especially automatic trans.) are free from signs of damage or poor upkeep (burnt smell or overly dark). Make sure the check engine light illuminates when turning they key to the run position but then goes out after. It may be worth investing in a bluetooth OBD2 reader to see if there are any pending codes or if the computer has been reset very recently. Sit in the car and push every button and flip every switch.
Good luck, I would love to have a second gen wagon (or third gen for that matter).
Send us a pic if you get it.
The Wagon Thread

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Huzzah!! A possible unicorn sighting! As stated above, the States never got another 6 wagon after the 1st gen. We are definitely interested in your new machine. Update us when you have some news. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi guys, really appreciate answers!
Fool, I got into USA forum, although was sure it was Australian one. Australia has wagons, thus this decision to get one is possible.
Thanks again for the kelp!
Justin

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys, really appreciate answers!
Fool, I got into USA forum, although was sure it was Australian one. Australia has wagons, thus this decision to get one is possible.
Thanks again for the kelp!
Justin
Those gen 2 wagons can look ultra nice if done right,
I'd keep an eye out for the CV boots, as they tend to split around then, as well as any weather seals around the door trimming and boot trimming bc the dry weather over here cracks the shit out of those if theyre parked on the street since new

1 - 6 of 6 Posts