Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got my 09 Mazda6 and really want to put some new speakers in it. I was wondering what the specs for the stock system were so i could make sure that i am upgrading enough and not just wasting my money. Watt peak power, Frequency response, Sensitivity, and Impedance would be good comparison points. Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
The lower speakers are 6x8's with a whizzer cone. They are rated at 25 watts. They have paper cones and a tiny magnet in them. I don't think it would be possible to go to the retail store and actually buy some speakers this poor.

The tweeters are approx 3/4". I believe they are poly cones. They have a small capacitor on the side to serve as a bass-blocker. There is no crossover and the bottom speaker is getting a portion of the full-range signal.

The speakers are easy to replace. I would highly recommend component speakers for the rear instead of putting full-range in the existing mounts. Ever with a pivoting tweeter the location is terrible.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Do you have a picture of the speaker connectors? You bought a speaker harness adaptor or just cut the stock adaptor and put new speakers?

I start to look to change mines, I like the stock radio because of the wheel controls,but it sound weak , and the speakers sound fragile like if they will explode if I put it over 43

·
Registered
476 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
btw. i went with aftermarket speakers and a aftermarket head unit and still have all steerign wheel controls...

·
Registered
100 Posts
btw. i went with aftermarket speakers and a aftermarket head unit and still have all steerign wheel controls...
What head unit/interface did you go with ? I got an Alpine from Crutchfield but they couldn't confirm if any steering wheel interface would work with a 2010 Mazda and the alpine unit.

Thanks

·
Registered
476 Posts
I have a Nakamichi in-dv7 but no steering fonctions.. I like the control on the steering so I never pluged it on my new car. I should sell it and buy something else. Its a high end audiophile product, sound amazing..

·
Registered
658 Posts
What head unit/interface did you go with ? I got an Alpine from Crutchfield but they couldn't confirm if any steering wheel interface would work with a 2010 Mazda and the alpine unit.

Thanks
kenwood dnx-9140 + PAC SWI-X (steering wheel interface)

·
Registered
658 Posts
I have a Nakamichi in-dv7 but no steering fonctions.. I like the control on the steering so I never pluged it on my new car. I should sell it and buy something else. Its a high end audiophile product, sound amazing..
very nice unit, are you sure the pac swi-x wouldnt work? i might have to call up my friend to check for you but it may work.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I didnt see anything behind the radio for control, I had the unit on my Toyota and loved it. It was a 1.5k$ unit. It needs a lense clean up sometimes it skip after half the CD or DVD. It has 3 output, 2 inputs, analog tv. My gf wants it in her Sunfire, but it's a shame to put that radio there lol.

It would be nice if u can call your friend!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Yep! 2 remotes.

·
Registered
658 Posts
then you should be able to get steering wheel controls with the pac swi-x ... :)

i'd double check to make sure before buying but hes almost 100% sure.

·
Registered
100 Posts
then you should be able to get steering wheel controls with the pac swi-x ... :)

i'd double check to make sure before buying but hes almost 100% sure.
Been reading up on the pca swi - there seems to be a lot of complaints about slow response time of the switches when compared to original factory hook-up. Do you notice much of a difference with your setup ???

Thanks

·
Registered
658 Posts
sorry took me a bit to respond, been busy..

never had any lag or any problems with my unit what so ever. had it 1.5 yrs now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts