Mazda 6 Forums banner

2009 Mazda 6i Grand Touring

48K views 201 replies 38 participants last post by  Caliche 
#1 · (Edited)
Edit: Newer pictures in latter pages.

Hey guys, I never really got around to posting a "new guy" thread. And so I figured its better late than never.

I drive an '09 Mazda 6i Grand Touring MTX. I got her July 19 at 2400 miles. Now she's up to almost 9600 miles. Absolutely love the car. I actually just happened to stumble upon her at a dealership when car hunting and got an Amazing deal. Its my second car. I drove a '98 Kia Sephia for 3-4 years before this one. My parents chose my 1st car for me, so I was pretty much stuck with it. Always wanted a manual but the Kia was automatic...boring. And let's just say going from that car to this fully loaded 6 is definitely an upgrade of a couple of levels haha.

Here's a pic of my old car next to my new baby a few days after getting her.

See less See more
#143 · (Edited)
Went on a short cruise to a local car meet with some of my friends. 2 ms3's and a mazdaspeed miata. One of my friends in his ms3 took some rolling shots while he was driving haha. here are some:

#144 ·
Just came across this sweet picture with 2 of my friends from a local meet a while back.

#145 ·
Installed plate relocator today. I will install roof spoiler tomorrow since its my Christmas present! :)

#148 ·
thanks man! now sometime in the future i jus have to get my bumper repainted and have the holes filled.

Looks good. Did you drill into the bumper or use that radiator bracket hole I mentioned?
i just drilled into the bumper where the lower grill is. so if i decide to get rid of it for some reason there will be no visible holes. i didn't have anything to mount the bracket to the radiator hole with. worked well though.

#147 ·
Looks good. Did you drill into the bumper or use that radiator bracket hole I mentioned?

#149 ·
For a second there I thought you had gone crazy and installed a mini sat dish on your roof and then I realized it was just the neighbors basketball hoop lol. Plate looks better than I expected. Still not a huge fan but glad you like it after doing the work.

#150 ·
still waiting for the glue to fully cure so i can remove the excess gunk that seeped out

#151 ·
6Y MAZDA the car looks great! I just HAD to go through all 15 pages of this thread :p . I've always liked the looks of the newer 6's, now I'm just trying to talk my mom into getting one :D . But once again looks great, keep up the good work!

#152 ·
thanks a lot man! i take pride in what i've done. thanks for following my mod voyage haha. i know it's getting quite long! thanks for the compliment and definitely see about convincing your mom to get one! haha

#153 · (Edited)
Got bored on a nice day today and took advantage of the free carwash/vacuum at my gf's apartment haha.

#155 ·
Some first snow of the season pics :)

probably my favorite shot:

#156 ·
Small update:

Just ordered 35w 8000K Hids for my fogs from DDM :)

#158 ·
^^ Mike, i'll probably keep them on. But we'll see!

#159 ·

#161 ·
I plasti-dipped them wednesday! haha

#163 · (Edited)
#164 ·

#165 ·
New 35w 8000k hids in the fogs. These things are bright! They look brighter than my headlights.

#166 ·
Some Better shots a friend took:

#168 ·
yep. he used VHT niteshade redout spray

#169 ·
photoshoot with my friend today:

#171 ·
thanks man! my friend took all those

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.