Mazda 6 Forums banner
81 - 100 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Finally got my own car !!! I like your modifications 6Y.. would love to take a look at them when i get back to sterling sometime!!
nice! excellent color choice! :)

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
redid the front lip. i think it looks a lot better this way. doesn't sit as low as i had it before but i think it looks better. thoughts?

oh and i forgot about the stash haha just had it on for shits n giggles

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
finally got these in the mail today. ordered from china. for 1 dollar + about a dollar for shipping! what a steal. took a while to get here but not complaining at all.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Paying off my car tomorrow!! $3,227. And i ordered a painted lip spoiler that should be here in 1-2 weeks. they said painting will take 5-7 days and then however long FedEx takes to ship it :)

·
Administrator
2021 Mazda6 Carbon Edition
8,698 Posts
Paying off my car tomorrow!! $3,227. And i ordered a painted lip spoiler that should be here in 1-2 weeks. they said painting will take 5-7 days and then however long FedEx takes to ship it :)
Interesting...

You trust the seller?

And congrats on paying the car off. Great feeling, isn't it?

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
haha yes it feels awesome! thanks!
and i actually just got a fed-ex tracking e-mail confirming the shipment process has been initiated. expected arrival date: Oct 10.

The spoiler was $31 bucks off e-bay haha. it was cheap enough to take the risk and see how it fits and how well the paint matches up. i sent them my paint code so it should be the same. but if it doesnt...then its just 31 bucks down the drain, no biggy. but i def think i will be happy with it. after looking at different ones i found the one i liked the best. Obviously it won't be as nice as the OEM one mentioned in the "trunk lip spoiler" thread. but from the looks of it, it will get the job done for the price.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
had a wash day with a friend and then small shoot afterwards. here's a few:

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
car is coming along quite nicely. all the small touches here and there really add to the overall look of the car.
thanks! just waiting on my spoiler ordered from Taiwan. last update from fedex tracker said it was in transit through Alaska! Expected Arrival date: oct 13th. cant wait!

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 · (Edited)
lip spoiler came in yesterday. im happy with it for what i paid.

EDIT:

as per requested

Reactions: Mz6GreyGhost

·
Administrator
8,698 Posts
Can you get a side shot of it, as well as one from the rear window area?

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
to be honest, it's a lot smaller than i was expecting. the angle at which the picture they had online was taken made it look wider. but its whatever. i think it adds a nice little subtle touch at a very cheap price. and the paint match is dead on, which is what i was most surprised about.

·
Administrator
8,698 Posts
Not bad for under $40! :)

Is it visible from your rear-view mirrors or looking out the back window, at least as a guide as to where your ass end of the car is when backing up?

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
Not bad for under $40! :)

Is it visible from your rear-view mirrors or looking out the back window, at least as a guide as to where your ass end of the car is when backing up?
haha yeah! actually as i was driving today i checked the rear view if i could see it and i indeed do see it in the mirror.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
I was drivin down the highway the other day in the far left lane. there was a dump truck in the far right lane. i saw a rock at least the size of a golf ball fall out of the tailgate and start skipping over to my lane. Saw it all happen in slo-mo lol. but there was nothing i could do about it. i just heard THUD right against my front bumper. I knew it couldn't be good. So when i got to school i checked out the damage and i was not happy. Anyways i found a remedy for now haha:

Reactions: Lococrzy

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
I need to start saving money for these. XXR 006. 18x8.5 +35

or gunmetal:

thoughts?

·
Registered
667 Posts
I say gunmetal. The blue lip seems a little much on the other one. Once you get the wheels, you're car will be looking good.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Funny have a similar scar on mine

I was drivin down the highway the other day in the far left lane. there was a dump truck in the far right lane. i saw a rock at least the size of a golf ball fall out of the tailgate and start skipping over to my lane. Saw it all happen in slo-mo lol. but there was nothing i could do about it. i just heard THUD right against my front bumper. I knew it couldn't be good. So when i got to school i checked out the damage and i was not happy. Anyways i found a remedy for now haha:

Funny a piece of concrete and gravel fell off a cement truck last year around the same time and hit the exact same spot on my car. Similar scar even. I cleaned it with alcohol and added some touch up paint.. Looks ok. At least you can't tell unless you really look closely.

This is one of the reasons I'll probably never buy a really expensive car. I would cry with every scar. It's bad enough that crap scars the beautiful lines of the 6!

·
Administrator
8,698 Posts
Sorry to hear about the bumper. Unfortunately, it's a risk I have to deal with almost constantly, since there's both a quarry and a trucking company (with the worst drivers of 10-wheel dump trucks in written history) between my home and my office. Because of that, I went through 2 windshields and a repainted front bumper on my previous 6, and there's already a couple of nicks in the bumper on my '10.

As for the wheels, go gunmetal. I don't think the blue color of the wheel goes too well.

81 - 100 of 202 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.