Mazda 6 Forums banner
61 - 80 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
looks much better with the drop. now plastidip your rims :)

·
Registered
667 Posts
Finally!!! The drop looks great.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
thanks guys! i was actually thinking of plasti-dipping the wheels until i can afford wheels/tires lol. and i still have to cut the rear bumpstops because they are currently sitting on the control arm. so no room for travel. plus it will drop the rear a little more :)

and i have to be careful with curbs now. check this out:

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
bump stops have been cut! lol

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey 6Y, I have to congratulate you for all that you've done on your Mazda, it's been a great inspiration to all the mods I plan doing on my Kona Blue 6. First of all, I'd like to know what % are your Tail Light Films. I'm planning on installing Optic Blue on both my front and fog lights as well. I really don't know much about films, but are Lamin-X a good option?

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Hey 6Y, I have to congratulate you for all that you've done on your Mazda, it's been a great inspiration to all the mods I plan doing on my Kona Blue 6. First of all, I'd like to know what % are your Tail Light Films. I'm planning on installing Optic Blue on both my front and fog lights as well. I really don't know much about films, but are Lamin-X a good option?
thanks man! i appreciate the kind words :)

my tails are 17%. they are the "smoked" vinyls from Lamin-x. it's the 2nd darkest one. and the optic blues are also from lamin-x and i've had them on for a couple of months now and they have held up really well! definitely recommend them. you just gotta take your time and be patient when installing them. i know a few other people have used lamin-x with great results as well! also i'd love to see pics of your progress!

Reactions: Aldo

·
Registered
24 Posts
thanks man! i appreciate the kind words :)

my tails are 17%. they are the "smoked" vinyls from Lamin-x. it's the 2nd darkest one. and the optic blues are also from lamin-x and i've had them on for a couple of months now and they have held up really well! definitely recommend them. you just gotta take your time and be patient when installing them. i know a few other people have used lamin-x with great results as well! also i'd love to see pics of your progress!
You're welcome [:

Well that being said, I appreciate all the information you've just provided, will be making the Lamin-x order as soon as I have decided on everything. 17% being smoked, I think the tail lights will go excellent with my recently painted dark shadow grey wheels, which closely resembles smoke in a way and your 6's Comet Gray . On the other hand, optic blue also captivated my eyes, and since my car is Kona Blue, I'm thinking of getting both headlight and fog covers on that color, I hope they look good once installed because my imagination can't give more haha. I'll try to post some pictures during the weekend on a new thread and let you know when that happens. Thanks for everything and great work on lowering your 6.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
You're welcome [:

Well that being said, I appreciate all the information you've just provided, will be making the Lamin-x order as soon as I have decided on everything. 17% being smoked, I think the tail lights will go excellent with my recently painted dark shadow grey wheels, which closely resembles smoke in a way and your 6's Comet Gray . On the other hand, optic blue also captivated my eyes, and since my car is Kona Blue, I'm thinking of getting both headlight and fog covers on that color, I hope they look good once installed because my imagination can't give more haha. I'll try to post some pictures during the weekend on a new thread and let you know when that happens. Thanks for everything and great work on lowering your 6.
excellent. i, too, think the optic blue would look good with Kona Blue. the fogs and headlights are easy to do. the tails will be a little trickier but not impossible. good luck!

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
got bored and decided to go for a drive. so heres a few more with the drop:

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
got bored today and decided to try on my friend's wheels he has on his ms3, just to get a picture of what will fit/look nice on my car. they actually fit nice, i would just need some meatier tires because the small sidewall makes it look like i don't even have lowering springs on or maybe even step it up to 19s. these are 18x8.5 +35. i think if/when i do end up getting wheels, i will definitely stick with this color because i think it looks awesome with my car color. the width and offset is just where i would want it. got a nice little bit of poke and much wider stance than stock :) what do y'all think?

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
i really like those rims alotttt. what are they? i love gunmetal rims i have superleggeras in gunmetal on my 6 right now. i think multispoke rims are the way to gooo.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
they are xxr i believe 521's

·
Administrator
2021 Mazda6 Carbon Edition
8,684 Posts
I like the rims! They just need to be 19s IMO, but the color is perfect against your paint.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
I like the rims! They just need to be 19s IMO, but the color is perfect against your paint.
thanks. i think so too! its ridiculous how our body style dwarfs 18s!

·
Administrator
8,684 Posts
thanks. i think so too! its ridiculous how our body style dwarfs 18s!
All except the OEMs IMO. If I ever go aftermarket, I'll definitely go with 19s, but the stock 18s fill it out nicely as well.

Again, just MHO... :)

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
All except the OEMs IMO. If I ever go aftermarket, I'll definitely go with 19s, but the stock 18s fill it out nicely as well.

Again, just MHO... :)
lol true, at least you have 18s! 6i's only come with 17s :(

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 · (Edited)
Ran into this problem about 10 mins ago! haha well...i did it on purpose to see how bad it is so i can get used to going in/out of steep inclines without rubbing my front end off. had to back out of that and attack that sucker at an angle.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
this happened today...so mad at myself. fuck low entrances. i didnt think it was even a bad one but i took it an angle to be safe. guess i wasnt safe enough. fml. its not really noticeable since its like the bottom part of the bumper, but you can kind of see it. regardless, i know its there and it pisses me off.

·
Administrator
8,684 Posts
Ouch!

Are you going to fix it or let it go?

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Ouch!

Are you going to fix it or let it go?
well i have another scratch on that side but higher up where someone hit and run me in a parking lot. but again, its not something thats big enough to fix myself or through insurance. i'm just gonna let it go for now. once i get more dings and scratches on the front bumper i'll have it repainted lol

61 - 80 of 202 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.