Mazda 6 Forums banner
41 - 60 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
yeah man. i really enoy this thread esp the beautiful scenery of virginia. just a thought. i think you shoulda painted the mazda emblem on the engine cover black also.
thanks man! i see you pointing my thread out everywhere you go haha. i appreciate it. but i probably wont black out the engine cover emblem. i kinda want the engine bay to pop in contrast with the exterior, ya know?

i like the engine cover, maybe if you did the letters with a silver paint pen it would tie in the emblem a little bit
yeah im doing that, i just havent picked up a silver sharpie yet

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·

strut tower covers are just dummy-propped on (still not fully dried/cured). but i wanted to take a pic of how it looks.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 · (Edited)
snapped a bunch of pics today. here are just a few

·
Administrator
2021 Mazda6 Carbon Edition
8,680 Posts
I admit, I wasn't a fan of the Comet Gray when I first saw it (way too light compared to my '04 Steel Gray), but with it looking blue in some angles, it's growing on me.

Every time I see your car, it reminds me that I've got to attack the sidemarkers sometime...

Anyway, nicely done, as usual... :)

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I admit, I wasn't a fan of the Comet Gray when I first saw it (way too light compared to my '04 Steel Gray), but with it looking blue in some angles, it's growing on me.

Every time I see your car, it reminds me that I've got to attack the sidemarkers sometime...

Anyway, nicely done, as usual... :)
thanks man! yeah, one of my favorite things is how the paint shifts color depending on the angle/lighting. haha do them sidemarkers! took me all of 10 minutes to do with $10 tint film (which i have a whole damn roll left over haha) thanks for the compliments!

also...i just ordered my B&G springs last night. they were shipped to me this morning so hopefully i get them by the end of the week :)

·
Administrator
8,680 Posts
haha do them sidemarkers! took me all of 10 minutes to do with $10 tint film (which i have a whole damn roll left over haha) thanks for the compliments!
Any chance you can send me the leftover roll? :lol:

And I still haven't seen the pics with the 'markers on, unless they're in a different thread...

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Any chance you can send me the leftover roll? :lol:

And I still haven't seen the pics with the 'markers on, unless they're in a different thread...
Damn, you know i took them before on my phone but i think they were crappy and i deleted them. i just went out with my camera and took some just for you.

lights on:

flash (to show reflectiveness) with lights on:

flash (to show reflectiveness) with lights off:

Reactions: Mz6GreyGhost

·
Administrator
8,680 Posts
I'm sold! Looks like I found my next mod, as soon as I get some free time (maybe by Labor Day! :)).

Just to confirm, there are different tints available, and you went with 20%? I may go lighter, since it's only against the silver, but I'm not quite sure yet. Is the amber quite visible during the day?

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
I'm sold! Looks like I found my next mod, as soon as I get some free time (maybe by Labor Day! :)).

Just to confirm, there are different tints available, and you went with 20%? I may go lighter, since it's only against the silver, but I'm not quite sure yet. Is the amber quite visible during the day?
Yeah, i have 20%. but you know, i'm pretty sure they even sell like a silver colored tint. that would probably look best on yours. you've seen the day pictures, mine just look tinted. if my lights are on in the day (can't think of why they would be haha) you can still see the light shine through the tint.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 · (Edited)
So 1st of all on my way home from work today i was behind a black mazda 3 with plates that read "Mazduh". Thought that was a treat especially after seeing the girl driving it haha. And then i get home and find an empty spot in front of my building next to these 2 little critters. Thought it was a pretty cool moment lol.

also update:
I have my B&G springs but i need to find a place/time to do it. And last night i ordered 6000K D2S bulbs from The Retrofit Source :)

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
coming along nicely! yours actually looks the best from the rear out of the 3 cars...in my city theres a guy in a blue MSP that has a licenseplate that says "mazder"

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
coming along nicely! yours actually looks the best from the rear out of the 3 cars...in my city theres a guy in a blue MSP that has a licenseplate that says "mazder"
Lol thanks man. I went back out about an hour after i took this pic and the tails on the ms3 were niteshaded! i was like damn dude did u JUST do that. and he was like yeahh haha like an hour ago. So now his rear looks better haha.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Some more whoring for ya. took some shots while on a trip in Harrisonburg, VA.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Some more whoring for ya. took some shots while on a trip in Harrisonburg, VA.

These pictures just inspired me to go buy plasti-dip.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
hope you're okay. i saw a few cars destroyed by the earthquake i hope yours is fine. nice scenery too (you never let us down with the scenery)

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
hope you're okay. i saw a few cars destroyed by the earthquake i hope yours is fine. nice scenery too (you never let us down with the scenery)
wow i just saw these posts...but i am okay! i was actually driving...well stuck in traffic...during the earthquake. didn't feel a thing. i got texts from my gf and my mom saying "did u feel that" and then i turned on the radio and they were like "15 mins ago...earthquake..." and i was just like whatt? also, i'm about to post some new pictures :D

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 · (Edited)

EDIT:

I was SO tempted to put on my lowering springs this weekend...but I've had this clicking noise coming from the front axle, especially when i turn. So, i have to wait until i have time to take it to the dealership to have it checked out under warranty...which won't be until 2 weekends from now because i am going out of town next weekend. My neighbor just got his ms3 lowered...and I am so jealous and it's just torture every time i see my huge gap compared to his. fml haha.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
slight teaser to what i (well my friend and i) did today:

it was too dark to take finished pictures. plus they still need to settle, but i will get day pics asap

and i still have to go back and cut the bumpstops

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
so here are the pics:

stock:

after:

41 - 60 of 202 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.