Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Edit: Newer pictures in latter pages.

Hey guys, I never really got around to posting a "new guy" thread. And so I figured its better late than never.

I drive an '09 Mazda 6i Grand Touring MTX. I got her July 19 at 2400 miles. Now she's up to almost 9600 miles. Absolutely love the car. I actually just happened to stumble upon her at a dealership when car hunting and got an Amazing deal. Its my second car. I drove a '98 Kia Sephia for 3-4 years before this one. My parents chose my 1st car for me, so I was pretty much stuck with it. Always wanted a manual but the Kia was automatic...boring. And let's just say going from that car to this fully loaded 6 is definitely an upgrade of a couple of levels haha.

Here's a pic of my old car next to my new baby a few days after getting her.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that kia plate is awesome! you should have put that on the new mazda. thats a keeper. lol
haha yeah thanks! I was going to transfer it to the mazda, but I felt it didnt fit its personality haha

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's some pics of mine next to some other 6's ive run into.

Outside of a Sheetz, one late night, this guy just happened to pull in next to me and had a nice chat.

Outside work one night

Came back to my car in the parking garage at school one day and found this guy kissing my car. I flipped out and left a note on his car expressing my anger.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Very nice car.
And to be fair, it does appear as though you're pulled a bit far forward :p
haha oh come on! i am way behind the yellow line!

Reactions: dougefresh_

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
God, so i just got home from hanging out with some buddies. I went out with a friend who drives a Scion TC to mcdonalds and when he gets out of the passenger door he goes...ouch dude whered you get that? and i say what? and rush over to the passenger side, and find a nice big door ding on the rear passenger door. This is the 3rd time i've had someone hit my car since i got it in July. In the 4 years i owned that crappy kia, never did i have anyone hit my car or anything. Of course now that i have a new car its just an idiot magnet and sh!t keeps happening to it :(

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Got some more pics of other 6's ive ran into

Twins (mine doesnt have a carseat though haha)

And this past weekend I saw another 2nd gen 6 and parked next to it. And when i came out of the store there was another one next to it! 3 2nd gens in a row. I'm startin to spot these more often, but still pretty scarcely. I like the fact that i rarely see these on the road and when i do i get excited haha.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Update: LEDs

Got LEDs. Went with cheapies and not the SMD. Now i wish i had gone with SMD. These don't seem bright enough. But i will stick with them for now. What do yall think?

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Lamin-x came in the mail today

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Tails look good!

Does the blue dim the fogs?
It actually gives the fog an "HID effect" as put by Lamin-x on their website. I did notice a more clear white light instead of the yellowish OEM.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
here are some pics taken by the james river down in williamsburg

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Got my SuperbrightLEDS today. they are much brighter than the crappy cheap ones i 1st ordered.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Tinted side markers

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Nice! How did you do it? They still light up?
thanks! i just bought tint film from autozone. 20% tint. cost 10 bucks haha. and i just applied and trimmed. took no more than 10 mins. i have crappy cell phone pics of them lit up at night i'll upload later. also, i got 20% because the only ones they sold between that were 35% and 5%. my tails are tinted with 17%, so 20% was pretty freakin close enough.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
never posted pics of blacked out emblems.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 · (Edited)
Engine Cover Painted

getting ready to paint the engine cover. taped it off today. wish i could paint it today but i'll have to wait til tomorrow. luckily i am off work :)
i am painting the top and bottom parts blue, along with my fuse box cover. i was originally gonna paint the letters blue, but when i tried exact-o knifing the tape off the lettering, i was not able to get smooth lines so i gave up and will probably just paint pen it.

heres a pic of the 1st coat. already added a 2nd. dont think im gonna do anymore after that. now i just gotta wait til tomorrow so it fully dries.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
its stock. included with tech package i believe

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
finished cover

finished product. i need to get a silver sharpie or blue paint pen for the lettering.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
installed

thinking of painting my fluid caps blue next

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Found a nice spot for pics right around the corner from my place

1 - 20 of 105 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.