Administrator
2021 Mazda6 Carbon Edition
8,684 Posts
Officially: :welcome9: to the 6Club! :wavey:

·
Administrator
8,684 Posts
God, so i just got home from hanging out with some buddies. I went out with a friend who drives a Scion TC to mcdonalds and when he gets out of the passenger door he goes...ouch dude whered you get that? and i say what? and rush over to the passenger side, and find a nice big door ding on the rear passenger door. This is the 3rd time i've had someone hit my car since i got it in July. In the 4 years i owned that crappy kia, never did i have anyone hit my car or anything. Of course now that i have a new car its just an idiot magnet and sh!t keeps happening to it :(
I'm sorry to hear about the door ding. Unfortunately, there's a certain population that doesn't like for people to have nicer things than themselves.

My previous 6 had matching "dimples" on both the front driver and passenger doors from others in parking lots, along with the occasional scratch here and there.

It never fails, as hard as you take care of something, someone else always comes along and f*cks it up!

·
Administrator
8,684 Posts
Hate to say it, but they do look dimmer compared to my LEDs. I'd worry about the blue color also, since they may draw the attention of law enforcement.

·
Administrator
8,684 Posts
Tails look good!

Does the blue dim the fogs?

·
Administrator
8,684 Posts
Nice! How did you do it? They still light up?

·
Administrator
8,684 Posts
I admit, I wasn't a fan of the Comet Gray when I first saw it (way too light compared to my '04 Steel Gray), but with it looking blue in some angles, it's growing on me.

Every time I see your car, it reminds me that I've got to attack the sidemarkers sometime...

Anyway, nicely done, as usual... :)

·
Administrator
8,684 Posts
haha do them sidemarkers! took me all of 10 minutes to do with $10 tint film (which i have a whole damn roll left over haha) thanks for the compliments!
Any chance you can send me the leftover roll? :lol:

And I still haven't seen the pics with the 'markers on, unless they're in a different thread...

·
Administrator
8,684 Posts
I'm sold! Looks like I found my next mod, as soon as I get some free time (maybe by Labor Day! :)).

Just to confirm, there are different tints available, and you went with 20%? I may go lighter, since it's only against the silver, but I'm not quite sure yet. Is the amber quite visible during the day?

·
Administrator
8,684 Posts
I like the rims! They just need to be 19s IMO, but the color is perfect against your paint.

·
Administrator
8,684 Posts
thanks. i think so too! its ridiculous how our body style dwarfs 18s!
All except the OEMs IMO. If I ever go aftermarket, I'll definitely go with 19s, but the stock 18s fill it out nicely as well.

Again, just MHO... :)

·
Administrator
8,684 Posts
Ouch!

Are you going to fix it or let it go?

·
Administrator
8,684 Posts
Paying off my car tomorrow!! $3,227. And i ordered a painted lip spoiler that should be here in 1-2 weeks. they said painting will take 5-7 days and then however long FedEx takes to ship it :)
Interesting...

You trust the seller?

And congrats on paying the car off. Great feeling, isn't it?

·
Administrator
8,684 Posts
Can you get a side shot of it, as well as one from the rear window area?

·
Administrator
8,684 Posts
Not bad for under $40! :)

Is it visible from your rear-view mirrors or looking out the back window, at least as a guide as to where your ass end of the car is when backing up?

·
Administrator
8,684 Posts
Sorry to hear about the bumper. Unfortunately, it's a risk I have to deal with almost constantly, since there's both a quarry and a trucking company (with the worst drivers of 10-wheel dump trucks in written history) between my home and my office. Because of that, I went through 2 windshields and a repainted front bumper on my previous 6, and there's already a couple of nicks in the bumper on my '10.

As for the wheels, go gunmetal. I don't think the blue color of the wheel goes too well.

·
Administrator
8,684 Posts
Looks like an angry bird... :)

·
Administrator
8,684 Posts
Not digging the blue lips, and I'd stick to gunmetal as well.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.