Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Administrator
8,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...The more Dodge still sucks!

A 375-HP w/6-speed MTX runs 0-60 in 5.9 seconds? :laugh:

The "underpowered" V8 Mustang can still run 0-60 in the mid-5's all day. A G8 GT smokes it, so does the MS6. Hell, even the Accord V6 ties it!

Way to go, Dodge! :punch:

Click me!

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Don't forget the $15,000 markup dealers are levying on the vehicle. :sarc:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Don't forget that the Challenger is about the same weight as a tank!!

God Bless Domestic!!!

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Challenger price = Mustang price once the Mustang has had several thousand dollars in mods.

Mustang with mods takes heavy POS Challenger out to woodshed and beats the living fuck out of it.
Secondly, I don't want to hear anybody talking smack about the Mustangs mediocre interior just so they can talk roses about the Challenger. The Challenger has nearly the same awul interior by Rubbermade that it's platorm mates have. How can they pretend to sell a car with that crap-tastic interior at that price level.

Like or hate the Mustang, it doesn't pretend to be something that it's not. The Challenger does.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
The Challenger's a piece of shit. I hate how it looks, I hate the interior, and the performance number are a let down for 425 hp woopty doo! When the Camaro comes out that'll be a car to talk about.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
OMG the SRT8 numbers are pathetic! I was the biggest challenger defender...WAS

I liked to looks of the car so much I wanted it to be sweet...yet it is so so terrible. There have been stock MS6's that put out 13.77 stock in the 1/4 mile...why is a 25K 4 cylinder AWD family sedan as fast in a straight line as a $50K "muscle car"????

I am sooooo disheartened

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
A lot of these “retro” cars were planned just before gas prices went goofy.
Something tells me that they [ the big 3 ] are trying to sell a few of these cars off while at the same time trying to appear “green” so it would not surprise me if the factory heads did not do some down tuning to get better gas mileage thus lower performance numbers.

These types of cars are history from the big 3.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
QUOTE (Sacramento6 @ Aug 19 2008, 07:58 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1416418
It's why Mopar fans are infamous for living in caves.[/b]
I'm not really a mopar fan, just had higher hopes for the challenger, I really liked the design of the car...too bad dodge fubared it

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
I don't get it. The R/T is likely quicker, or near even to the MS6 in a straight line, and it's right in the same price range. They start at 30K, or so. They don't brake as well, or handle as well, I'm sure. But still...

The SRT-8 is capable of low 13's. Sure, that's not as low as it should be, but that's not bad out of the box.

I'd rather have an SRT-8 Challenger than my MS6! ...But that doesn't mean I wan't to pay for it.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I love my new 300C SRT8 (new to me, it's an 06). Big, quiet, comfy and FAST. You can pick up 06/07 SRT8's for CHEAP right now (mid 20's). It doesn't get great gas mileage but not much less than my old MS6 (22 hwy vs 26). It'll handle over 200HP of nitrous or up to 6psi of boost stock. There's a new Challenger race edition that was tested this week that's mid $30K and run's [email protected] stock....
:)
(only stopped by the site to PM TinyTiff for some parts for the 300...)
:D

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
QUOTE (4DRHTRD @ Aug 21 2008, 03:39 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1417961
I love my new 300C SRT8 (new to me, it's an 06). Big, quiet, comfy and FAST. You can pick up 06/07 SRT8's for CHEAP right now (mid 20's). It doesn't get great gas mileage but not much less than my old MS6 (22 hwy vs 26). It'll handle over 200HP of nitrous or up to 6psi of boost stock. There's a new Challenger race edition that was tested this week that's mid $30K and run's [email protected] stock....
:)
(only stopped by the site to PM TinyTiff for some parts for the 300...)
:D[/b]
Those things are cool. Is it refined? I bought my Speed6 because I was in the market for a refined, stout, agile car. I got a stout agile car.
My car rattles like a mother fucker. It's like driving a Playskool car put together with bubble gum.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
QUOTE (strtfghtr @ Aug 21 2008, 07:00 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1417608
I'm not really a mopar fan, just had higher hopes for the challenger, I really liked the design of the car...too bad dodge fubared it[/b]
I wasn't claiming that you were bro. As far as I can tell, no Mopar fans have dicovered the internet yet. That does not include idiots who drive those rediculous Neons. They are all to familiar with the internet and should be banned, or at least have their hands cut off. Anybody who would refer to their cars as a "Skittle" deserves to die.

Now, I've got to go and wax my Steel Grey Abba Zabba.

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
QUOTE (Sacramento6 @ Aug 21 2008, 04:36 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1418005
I wasn't claiming that you were bro. As far as I can tell, no Mopar fans have dicovered the internet yet. That does not include idiots who drive those rediculous Neons. They are all to familiar with the internet and should be banned, or at least have their hands cut off. Anybody who would refer to their cars as a "Skittle" deserves to die.

Now, I've got to go and wax my Steel Grey Abba Zabba.[/b]
ROFL!!!

I'm a Mopar fan! However, I'm no brand Nazi. I can appreciate all makes and models. :)

So, are you saying SRT-4 Neon owners car their cars, "Skittles?"

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
QUOTE (IHeartGroceries @ Aug 21 2008, 02:14 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1417989
Those things are cool. Is it refined? I bought my Speed6 because I was in the market for a refined, stout, agile car. I got a stout agile car.
My car rattles like a mother fucker. It's like driving a Playskool car put together with bubble gum.[/b]
It is really tight, I love it so far. I can't wait to throw a rear mount twin tubo setup on it (600 WHP on 5psi of boost). :)
Looks like I'll finally get to build my low 11 second 1/4 mile car! :)
I went to the dealer to do some research on some parts for my 300 and saw a custom grey Challenger with black top 1/2, it was beautiful. My wife wants one now but I'll wait until these drop $20K in price like the one I just picked up. Dealer wants $15K markup (just like the 300C when I went to buy in 2006)!!!1

·
Registered
116 Posts
Not bad at all.
Too bad that that kind of cars are extrem expensive in europe.....And you must have a very good friend working at the gas station or just leave your salary right there ;)
I like US cars because they are rare-so the look is minor matter

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
QUOTE (Freak4Dell @ Aug 23 2008, 11:29 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1419642
Eh, that thing is ugly anyway.

Why anybody would pick that over the 2010 Camaro is something I'll never understand.[/b]
Because instead of just being 'ugly', the new Camaro is 'ass ugly'.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Are you kidding me? The new Camaro is one of the most beautiful (within that price range) cars I've ever seen. I would have seriously considered waiting to get that instead of buying the 6, but...

1. It's out of my price range.
2. It's still a Chevy.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
QUOTE (Freak4Dell @ Aug 24 2008, 09:36 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1420156
1. It's out of my price range.
2. It's still a Chevy.[/b]
As ar as I am concerned, those are the only two things that car has going for it. I do like the B-pillar back, but the front end of that thing is hideous.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts