Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Posted this on 6Crew, so thought it would help here as well. Let me know if anything looks wonky and I'll do my best to add/remove/edit. :)

2009 Color Codes
Black Cherry Metallic --------------- HM/37C
Brilliant Silver Metallic -------------- UI/38H
Comet Gray Mica -------------------- JF/37D
Ebony Black ---------------------------- NN
Kona Blue Mica ----------------------- L6/37B
Light Ice Blue Metallic ------------- LS/36W
Performance White ------------------ A2N/HP
Sangria Red Mica ------------------- JV/36Y
Smokestone Mica ------------------- 35M/HG

2010 Color Codes
Black Cherry Metallic -------------- 37C/HM
Brilliant Silver Metallic ------------- 38H/UI
Comet Gray Mica -------------------- 37D/JF
Ebony Black --------------------------- NN/UB
Kona Blue Mica ---------------------- 37B/L6
Light Ice Blue Metallic ------------ 36W/LS
Performance White ----------------- A2N/HP
Sangria Red Mica ------------------- 36Y/JV

2011 Color Codes
Black Cherry Metallic -------------- 37C/HM
Comet Gray Mica -------------------- 37D/JF
Ingot Silver ----------------------------- 39X/UX
Kona Blue Mica ---------------------- 37B/L6
Sangria Red Mica ------------------- 36Y/JV
Techno White Pearl ---------------- 40D/L9

2012 Color Codes
Autumn Brown ------------------------ 41F
Fireglow Red ------------------------- 41N
Ingot Silver ---------------------------- 39X/UX
Polished Slate ----------------------- 41E
Steel Blue Mica --------------------- UN/39W
White Platinum Pearl* ------------ 41M

2013 Color Codes
Autumn Bronze --------------------- 41F
Ebony Black ------------------------- NN/UB
Fireglow Red ------------------------ 41N
Ingot Silver --------------------------- 39X/UX
Polished Slate ---------------------- 41E
Steel Blue Mica -------------------- UN/39W
White Platinum Pearl ------------ 41M

Colors were located from a number of locations: MazdaUSA.com, PaintScratch.com, DrColorChip.com, and Yahoo Auto.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Certain paint names seem to have picked up adjectives here but no matter. The big thing I see is some metallics and pearls where micas belong. I realize it is a nominal aesthetic difference but I enjoy accuracy in my information.

Anyway, originally they were for at least 2009;
Black Cherry Metallic
Ebony(onyx) Black
Brilliant Silver Metallic
Comet Gray Mica
Performance White
Kona Blue Mica
Light Ice Blue Metallic
Sangria Red Mica
Smokestone Mica

This is what it says in the brochure and on everything I have seen from Mazda. if you have evidence otherwise please do share.

Also thanks for sharing. Everybody likes reference material.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Certain paint names seem to have picked up adjectives here but no matter. The big thing I see is some metallics and pearls where micas belong. I realize it is a nominal aesthetic difference but I enjoy accuracy in my information.

Anyway, originally they were for at least 2009;
Black Cherry Metallic
Ebony(onyx) Black
Brilliant Silver Metallic
Comet Gray Mica
Performance White
Kona Blue Mica
Light Ice Blue Metallic
Sangria Red Mica
Smokestone Mica

This is what is says in the brochure and on every thing I have seen from Mazda. if you have evidence otherwise please do share.

Also thanks for sharing. Everybody likes reference material.
Thanks for the heads up. When I vet to a computer I can update the info. Currently tapatalkin. :)

Sent from my ADR6300

·
Registered
23 Posts
Is there a color code or touch up paint for the flat black trim on the window pillars? I asked Med Center Mazda but they said there was not a Mazda paint or paint code for it. Surely the body shop would have something.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I dont think they are painted. I think its just the way they are made. But you could probably get away with plastidipping them

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
2 Posts
Where would I find the colour code? Does it actually state it's the colour code or is there random numbers somewhere?

·
Registered
606 Posts
Where would I find the colour code? Does it actually state it's the colour code or is there random numbers somewhere?
Should be on the edge of your door or on the door seal when you open it, if that makes sense.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey guys,

Not sure if this is helpful or not seeing as most of you are in the US. The 2nd gen Mazda 6 hatch and saloons were available in Europe / Japan markets from late 2007/2008 and had some other colours.

My UKDM 2nd gen hatch is:

Lilac Silver (paint code: 36L)

Which is a stunning colour if I say so myself. I have the original brochure with the colour and trim options, I'll dig it out and see if there are some others.

:D

Cheers,

Rob

·
Registered
12 Posts
Mine has Black Cherry Mica/Radiant Ebony Mica... Color Code:28W

Same as nucleustylz, I have the UKDM/JDM version... a bit of trouble getting accessories from US online shops... headlights, taillights, passenger door panels, a bit of the bumpers and probably how curved the rear passenger doors are are the ones I've seen to differ between the UKDM/JDM and USDM version... and the USDM is marketed as the Mazda 6 Ultra here in MidEast...

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a 2012 6i in the US. It has some scratches that I'm looking to repair. The color code in the door jam is just "41" with no letter suffix. I've found only one website that lists the "41" code and calls it "autumn bronze." That website doesn't sell paint, and none of the paint sites list "41" alone as an option -- it's all "41F," 41M," etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to buy, and I especially don't want to use, the wrong color. Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same problem. I have a 2012 i Touring and the paint code is just 41 with no letter or anything. Came here for help and it looks like nobody knows.

·
Rally Racer
2,187 Posts
Same problem. I have a 2012 i Touring and the paint code is just 41 with no letter or anything. Came here for help and it looks like nobody knows.
Well, there seem to be three different "41" entries on the list below. Pick the color that sounds like yours.
If you just need chip repair I would recommend the dealer.
If you need more, say in a spray can or by the quart I have had the best luck with Automotivetouchup.com, whose color has been fairly good. My white (A2N - performance white) has never been "perfect" and the several batches of the spray that I ordered varied slightly but compared to others they have performed the best. Obviously if you are ordering multiples, you want to be sure that you get all you need to cover in a single order, as they mix in batches.
Over time, my painted plastic and metal pieces fade differently, so that is an extra challenge.
Good luck.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts