Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Mazda Atenza 25EX
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to install a remote trunk opener and remote start on a 2008 wagon?
She is keyless/push button start. There are three blank option buttons unused. Two small, one large.
It seems I'd need a newer key since the one I have is only for lock/unlock. So the second question would be, is it possible to program a newer Mazda key as well?
Cheers!

·
Registered
2008 Mazda Atenza 25EX
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you mean a motorized opener? And no on the "newer" key fob. For the opened, talk to your local stereo shop.
Thank you for the response. Yes, that is probably what I meant. :)

Specifically, can I have a motorized opener installed on the wagon tailgate that will also open and close from my key fob as well as from a button in one of the empty options in the right side of the dash.

My current fob has lock and unlock only. So, if it is possible to install the motorized opener that can open and close from a key fob, I suspect I'd need a new fob with a trunk button.

This feature was on a rental and I'm hooked! I'd really like to get this in my wagon.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
No, the car isnt built for motorized linear actuators that would be needed, theres no space to put them. It would have to be a two step operation too, flip the door handle and then push the lid up. But like i said, talk to a car audio place.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts