umm yeah i think so.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hold on let me check my crystalball. :nana:

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
"Bigger" doesn't HAVE to mean it weighs more... right? Slightly wider and longer wouldn't kill the car if the weight was kept down, though sadly I doubt that will happen :(

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'll tell you what. From the Edmunds picks it is definitely longer and a little wider but it has not grown fat. A Camry, an Accord, a Passat, they are fat cars. I mean I don't have a problem with it but they do look very bloated compared to the 6. The 6 in the spy shots though wider and longer still maintains a sleek body like Audi does. The A6 is a large car but is still sleek, especially when you compare it to something like an Infiniti M.

·
Registered
76 Posts
It looks like to me that the 08 Mazda 6 from the rear and side still looks a lot like the current model. Not complaining, just and observation. The front end does look very different, but nothing else. It really doesn't look too much like a redesign. The front end does look like Mazda tried to take styling cues from the RX-8.

Travis

·
Registered
792 Posts
Well I am keeping my fingers crossed! Another 35 hp would be nice if the car only gains 50-100 lbs and an inch or two. I don't think the front end is going to look as sporty though.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Nice find on that article but...

"the current model's narrow cabin and limited backseat room have been a constant source of criticism. "

Um, what?!?! Narrow cabin? For who? I'm fat and its not narrow. And lack of backseat room? Maybe to fit 3 across, but this car has PLENTY of leg room. That sentence above is pure bullshit.

No matter, I'm likely going to buy a Mazdaspeed3 anyway.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
looks big in the ass. definitely seems like they are trying to change to market group for the 6, going for those more into the traditional "family sedan". may also have to do with the popularity of the (inferior, imo) 3 amongst younger crowd.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
About this Discussion
55 Replies
44 Participants
shymog
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing