Mazda 6 Forums banner

2008 Mazda 6 Grease Points and Type

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  DrFeelGood 
#1 ·
I have a 2008 Mazda 6 that needs grease in the ball joints and steering knuckle joints but there are no grease points which is very frustrating because now I am going to have to stab the boot with a needle to fill it up or drill and set my own zerk fittings...Will probably go with option 1 and just reseal my boot with some RTV afterwords because that is the quickest solution that's viable for me right now. I just wanted to know if anyone else is in a similar situation and what others may have done. I would appreciate any input that you all could give.

Note: the only other option I can think of is removing the boot clamp and filling it from the back without stabbing the thing with a needle...

#2 ·
You dont grease them, you replace them.

#4 ·
I have gone up under the boot with a needle in years past. When it comes time (likely now) to replace them, you can choose ones that have the greasable fitting.
Thanks! 👍
Great idea I hadn't thought of that before. I'm trying to avoid replacing them immediately but if that's what I gotta do then that's what I'll do 🤔. Gonna have to find some ball joints and such with a grease fitting because these so called "lifetime" "self lubricating" parts are garbage. Parts just need to be able to be maintained. They just want you to go to the dealer for everything...screw that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.