Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was my first attempt at doing anything to my mazda. Also note that I know nothing about working on cars. I figured alot out on my own and I watched a video on youtube by another forum user (Lapisblue6spd) and it helped me out immensely. See pictures below. I only ran into one issue when installing it and that was the hose wasn't long enough that ran to the side of the intake. I had to use the stock one and tape it on until I can get a longer hose. Other than that works great! Defiantly noticed a slightly more responsive throttle and the cool sucking noise sounds great.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
16,842 Posts
Nice work for your first 'big' mod. It looks nice.

Did you get a splash guard for it? I can't tell.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't get a splash guard with it. I was assuming the stock splash guard would be enough. The cone sits about 6 inches higher than the splash guard so I think it will be ok...

I used the cone from the kit. Is that bad?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
No the cone in the kit isnt bad. But I would suggest getting a AEM or injen or Fujita intake cone. Grabs a little more dirt, and sucks a little more air. Thats what i did atleast. I have a Ebay intake with an AEM cone. Works and sounds great!

·
Super Moderator
16,842 Posts
Grabs a little more dirt, and sucks a little more air.
...That's what she said??......

But like he said, it isn't bad, but it isn't the best either :)

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Ofcourse thats what she said...she knows whats good. hahaa

and yeah just a suggestion..alot of guys on here get the ebay piping and change the cone. Up to you tho. I did hear somewhere that the Bombz air intake was supposed to give the most hp gain. But who knows if thats true.

·
Registered
606 Posts
What's a good ebay intake to grab? I'm getting an Injen cone.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
The ebay filter sucks.

I wuld run a ebay cai but living in CA i need carb and don't want to deal with having to uninstall when i get smogged.

Sent from my DROID3 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1,552 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wanted a K&N, AEM or Injen but the prices are so high, just couldn't do it. I am all about supporting the people who actually do the research and all but just not at those prices lol.

·
Registered
606 Posts
So I buy the 1st gen mazda intake and take off the 2nd tube as well as the cone and add an Injen/AEM/etc., cone to it?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts