Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Administrator
8,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Spied! 2008 Accord

Everyone sees different styling cues on the sedan, from the Ford Fusion in the grille and front clip to the Hyundai Sonata around the C-pillar. Others think they see the BMW 5 Series throughout. You decide.[/b]
I don't see much of the Fusion NEARLY as much as I do the old Saturn L-Series in both the front and rear ends. I also see a little Lexus cues as well. What does this all mean? B-O-R-I-N-G! The slightly distinctive styling of the existing Accord turns into everything else on the road. And I thought Honda was trying to make their styling more appealing...

Guess not.
Underhood, the V6 in both coupe and sedan likely will be a 3.5-liter (a 3.2-liter V6 is also possible) with horsepower in the 270-275 range. EX models will get Honda’s second-generation variable cylinder management technology, which deactivates three of the six cylinders when cruising for increased fuel mileage. The first-gen VCM is in the current Accord hybrid. The other engine will be a 2.4-liter four making 170 to 180 hp.[/b]
No surprise here.

Five-speed automatics likely will be available in all Accords, while the V6 models will get the option of six-speed manuals, and the fours will get five-speed manual transmissions.[/b]
That's dumb. I'd think a 4-cylinder would benefit from a 6-speed stick more than a V6 would. Why short-change the 4-cylinder?

My verdict: Definitely evolutionary, but I'm not impressed, not at all.

·
Registered
7,070 Posts
white one looks okay... overall opinion= :barf:

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Better than the current one, which looks like the stay-puff marshmallow car. That said, unless there is more camo action than it looks, it's an absolute mess of lines and pieces that have absolutely no flow or integration. It's unfortunate that Mazda mistakenly believes they have to play into the escalating size race, as the car is plenty roomy as it is.

Another designer letting his kids play pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey with a scrapbook of assorted car parts.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Looks like the bastard child of an accord and an A-sux (audi A6). Too bad that that wonderful V-6 will be coupled to front wheel drive and an ugly-duckling body (although it's no worse than the current one). Too bad the accords keep getting more and more bloated...not all of us want buicks with japanese nameplates.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
It looks like a fat Civic to me.
So I'd rather have a smaller lighter Civic.
I like the fatter Camry better.
I like the Mazda 3 better.
I like the Civic better.
I like the 6 best.

It seems like Honda is moving in the wrong direction for my money.
I can only hope that Mazda keeps its Zoom Zoom and keeps the cars lighter, smaller and sportier.

I'll pass on this Honda but I'm sure the masses will love it...

·
Registered
482 Posts
As an avid honda fan I had high hopes for the new accord, especially considering what honda did with the 8th gen civic. I had planned on getting an Accord in a few years perhaps the new model, but not after seeing the spy shots. The front looks like a oversized Scion Tc which looks fine on a smaller vehicle but not on a full size sedan.

·
Administrator
8,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Weren't there rumors of an AWD option?[/b]
I heard that same rumor some time ago, but not lately. They may have considered it at one time.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
It looks huuuuuge. I guess they're going after the Camry, which has also become huuuuuuuge. Next up: the Mazda6![/b]
That's why the '05 6 will be the best EVER!

·
Registered
309 Posts
It's the perfect Accord. Evolutionary, rather than revolutionary.

Isn't the Accord no. 2 in sales to the Camry?

It was designed for one mission: to kill the Camry.

The Camry isn't exactly excitement city either.

·
Registered
138 Posts
i like it. just don't tell me the curb weight.[/b]
:yesnod: lol.

Nice, but I'd adjust the rear end to be a little less Altima. Especially the taillights.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
About this Discussion
74 Replies
39 Participants
Brampton6s
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing