Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
wow that's nice.

I really like the overall shape and concept. I see a little inspiration from bmw in the side shot. The side wndows look like a 3 series and the front lights look like oldschool 8 series from the side, or was that sporty bmw the 9?

But something about the front lights, from the front, and kind of the grill, is screaming dodge charger to me, and I don't really like that. Also the wing I don't like either, better than the previous model winig, but I don't like big wings at all.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
This post belongs in the "Other Cars" section. Not here.

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,553 Posts
:slap:

·
Registered
188 Posts
I was very close to waiting for this instead of getting the Speed6, but I couldn't seem to justify waiting and the price.

I've seen a few guesstimates at prices around 40k.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I've seen this red concept along time ago. I think it has similar looks to the previous Mitsubishi Galant. But as you can see it's bigger and probably more confy and spacious than the previous car, asme with the upcoming Subaru WRX STi which is based on the Legacy GT platform. The reason for the growth is exactly why Mazda got into this market with the MS6, people who are willing to spend 35K in a performance sedan they want also space, gadgets, smoothness al'a BMW or AUDI style.
This is why I didnt spend 30k plus in a EVO or STi because its too small and cheap looking inside.

·
Registered
238 Posts
:yesnod:
I've seen this red concept along time ago. I think it has similar looks to the previous Mitsubishi Galant. But as you can see it's bigger and probably more confy and spacious than the previous car, asme with the upcoming Subaru WRX STi which is based on the Legacy GT platform. The reason for the growth is exactly why Mazda got into this market with the MS6, people who are willing to spend 35K in a performance sedan they want also space, gadgets, smoothness al'a BMW or AUDI style.
This is why I didnt spend 30k plus in a EVO or STi because its too small and cheap looking inside.
[/b]

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
[/b]
I agree 50%.

With comfort comes weight. A lot of us who hold performance high on their priority list don't want to make too big of a sacrafice. I think the MS6 crosses the line a bit which is why its more of a luxary car than a sports car (but still a very nice compromise).

·
Registered
426 Posts
yah that's a pretty sweet design. Pretty classic in some ways... if they could keep it unchanged (except the ricey rear lights, gas cap, and wing) for production, then I'd be impressed....

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Reminds me of a TL or TSX

I just saw on Edmunds, Lexus is releasing the new IS-F 500, like the IS350 but IS500 and the -F is supposed to be like the "M" for BMW's.

PLUS, I just saw BMW is re-releasing the M3 with a 4.0L V8 w/400hp!

Geeez our cars are already bottom of the barrel!

:tear:

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Ugh, The exterior looks sweet...., but the interior is SO nasty. For the life of me I can't understand why Mazda's price falls..Yet other turbo charged cars like this abomination warrants a $40K price tag

·
Registered
426 Posts
Ugh, The exterior looks sweet...., but the interior is SO nasty. For the life of me I can't understand why Mazda's price falls..Yet other turbo charged cars like this abomination warrants a $40K price tag
[/b]
true, interior sucks... but that's pure showcar interior, it's gonna change for production...

·
Registered
147 Posts
I agree 50%.

With comfort comes weight. A lot of us who hold performance high on their priority list don't want to make too big of a sacrafice. I think the MS6 crosses the line a bit which is why its more of a luxary car than a sports car (but still a very nice compromise).
[/b]
True it is a very nice compromise, In my opinion if I had the money to buy a AutoX/Track car then I would def buy an STi, but for every day driving and then some AutoX on the weekends the MS6 is a good mix, yes it does cross the line on overweight but you can counter act that some mod's.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
True it is a very nice compromise, In my opinion if I had the money to buy a AutoX/Track car then I would def buy an STi, but for every day driving and then some AutoX on the weekends the MS6 is a good mix, yes it does cross the line on overweight but you can counter act that some mod's.
[/b]
Which is exactly the reason I bought the MS6! ;)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts