Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the link:

http://www.automobilemag.com/auto_shows/20...rx_sti_limited/

Flattened the hood scoop, lost the disgusting wing, added heated leather seats, fog lights, and sunroof.

Now all subie needs to do is stop making their front ends look terrible and theyve got a sale from me!

...too bad theirs only 800 of em... :(

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2008 Sti is supposedly going to be a hatchback with a multi-link rear suspension :).
[/b]
hatchback?
:barf:
just when i thought subie was heading in the right direction

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
an assload better than the regular 07 wrx or sti. its honestly the only new model subaru i'd consider getting, since that gray looks so damn sexy, especially without the wing. 06 models still win though. much better front end than this new crap
[/b]
06 has that same front end...its 05 that had the previous one

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
I'll pass. I would like looks and performance. Not just performance. Would you want a HOT! looking chick that can screw your brains out and always want more?
Or some FUGLY chick that you can't even bare to look at and have toilet breath but can't give you some good lovin in the sack?

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
hatchback?
:barf:
just when i thought subie was heading in the right direction
[/b]
Yes, down with practicality!

I'll pass. I would like looks and performance. Not just performance. Would you want a HOT! looking chick that can screw your brains out and always want more?
Or some FUGLY chick that you can't even bare to look at and have toilet breath but can't give you some good lovin in the sack?
[/b]
Your analogy makes no sense. If you're suggesting the hot chick is the Mazda6, then the proper analogy would be a hot chick with a venereal disease. Looks fast, but can't play.

I can't even make a female analogy for the STI. The thing is pure testosterone. There's nothing feminine about it. I don't expect girls to like it. Luckily, I'm already married.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Your analogy makes no sense. If you're suggesting the hot chick is the Mazda6, then the proper analogy would be a hot chick with a venereal disease. Looks fast, but can't play.
[/b]

First off Hatches are Ugly.....they may be practical, but when you think of a turbo charged sports car, A little boxed out Hatch is not what I think of. Come on Car developers..lets appeal to everybody not just hatch heads.

Secondly, Mazda6 is pretty good in performance...which has aspects of not only speed, but handling, precision etc....

I'd say Mazda6 is the hot chick who isn't the best in the sack, but you have fun with her anyways...

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Come on Car developers..lets appeal to everybody not just hatch heads.[/b]
"Appealing to everybody", or a larger group of people, is exactly what they are doing.

As the popularity of SUVs decline, and the price of gas goes up, reducing people's desire to drive even trucks, the popularity of hatches is growing extremely rapidly in the US. A few years ago you could hardly get one from anyone. Now almost every automaker from Audi to Suzuki is offering them.

High-performance hatchbacks allow people to roll in their performance, their people-mover, their daily-driver, and their stuff-mover, into one single car.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think the better date analogy is:

The MS6 is like the girl who you know is really nice and puts out pretty well but your friends still aren't sure about her yet.

The STi is like the super beat chick that is awesome in bed and puts out all the time.

and the mo-ped is like a fat chick...fun for a ride but your friends will laugh at you if they catch you on one.

:laugh:

·
Registered
297 Posts
"Appealing to everybody", or a larger group of people, is exactly what they are doing.

As the popularity of SUVs decline, and the price of gas goes up, reducing people's desire to drive even trucks, the popularity of hatches is growing extremely rapidly in the US. A few years ago you could hardly get one from anyone. Now almost every automaker from Audi to Suzuki is offering them.

High-performance hatchbacks allow people to roll in their performance, their people-mover, their daily-driver, and their stuff-mover, into one single car.
[/b]
I totally agree with this. In my ex-WRX wagon I could beat mustangs, and on the weekend, I'd put the Thule box on the roof, with both kids in the the trunk full we would go camping. I could even pull a small trailer when needed. That car did it all. Too bad the 06 version was ugly and too expensive in Canada, because everything else was what I wanted in a car.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Nice car, I love the STI and like it even better without the huge wing and STI badgings, but regardless this car will still have the baby backseat that all your friends and family over 5' will bitch about having to ride in.

Talk about a sleeper though.

P.S. - I dig the WRX wagons too.

·
Registered
11,748 Posts
First off Hatches are Ugly[/b]
The hatch design looked similar to the 6 hatch. Looks exactly like the sedan, just when you open the trunk, the rear glass lifts up as well. Basically you get exactly the same car, but with a massive increase in trunk space, so you can actually bring your racing compound tires to the track. (And thats probably the main reason for it :) )

·
Registered
6,083 Posts

I can't even make a female analogy for the STI. The thing is pure testosterone. There's nothing feminine about it. I don't expect girls to like it. Luckily, I'm already married.
[/b]
STi = :thumbdn: :thumbdn: :nono: :p :nana: :stickpoke:
MS6 = :thumbup: :thumbup: :drool: :love: :bowdown:

·
Registered
62 Posts
I am an older guy, I could not have driven a STI or an EVO down my block without everyone laughing and saying i'm having a mid life crisis.
The guy down the block with the E55 is not looked at twice, just like me with my nice pratical MS6 that no one knows is a sleeper.
I would have considered the sleeper STI as my commuter/daily driver. They have a great track record, large aftermarket, and proven platform. I have a nice looking car that is unproven, has powerloss issues, and most likley wont have much aftermarket support because it's only a one year car. I like my MS6, I am glad I got it, I just hope i'm glad I got it 2 years from now.

·
Registered
97 Posts
First off Hatches are Ugly.....they may be practical, but when you think of a turbo charged sports car, A little boxed out Hatch is not what I think of. Come on Car developers..lets appeal to everybody not just hatch heads.

Secondly, Mazda6 is pretty good in performance...which has aspects of not only speed, but handling, precision etc....

I'd say Mazda6 is the hot chick who isn't the best in the sack, but you have fun with her anyways...
[/b]
so basically you hate the mazdaspeed3.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
...so you can actually bring your racing compound tires to the track. (And thats probably the main reason for it :) )
[/b]
...but you can already do that without the hatch..

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
About this Discussion
31 Replies
17 Participants
Mellow
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing