Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
ya...$30-33K loaded tops

remember the STi is in the $33 range but again, two different cars

seems like this 6spd trans is closer to the sti, but not exactly the same...(No DCCD)..i do LOVE the STi limited they are coming out with in 07...that was what I wish my STi was...no wing (although i had the reg wrx wing on mine) and sunroof.

nice set of options either way, but the ms6 still has more value i believe....I was on the verge of buying an LGT (i was a previous STi owner) but came to the mazda camp.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I don't care for Subaru's new styling.
In my opinion the new WRX platform especially looks like crap.

·
Administrator
8,397 Posts
Shouldn't this be in the "other cars" section?

·
Registered
194 Posts
243 HP, isn't that down from the '06? Or is it just the new rating system?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
243 HP, isn't that down from the '06? Or is it just the new rating system?
[/b]
new rating system. I wonder what the MS6 will be at?

·
Registered
493 Posts
The only reason they cost more than the MS6 is due to the limited availability. I'll wait to see a road test. I didn't even consider the spec-b due to the lesser handling performance on the 2006 models.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
The only reason they cost more than the MS6 is due to the limited availability. I'll wait to see a road test. I didn't even consider the spec-b due to the lesser handling performance on the 2006 models.
[/b]
But the 07 is a different beast...6 speed STi tranny and a whole bunch of other goodies

see here:
http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=51033

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
new spec B. isn't a limited model. Its a just another model in the lineup.
[/b]
now, the 06 was limited to 500 I think. I bet this thing will cost north of 33k easy.

·
Premium Member
1,540 Posts
Now if subie is making the Spec B part of their line up vs. limited. Mazda should take note. I kind of like the LGTs but thought the MS6 is better styled and had a 6 spd mtx. I think Subie is leveling the playing field (especially doing away with the limited price tag. $5K more market mark up when I looked at it.). I like the black/blue interior vs '06 red brick interior.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Now if subie is making the Spec B part of their line up vs. limited. Mazda should take note. I kind of like the LGTs but thought the MS6 is better styled and had a 6 spd mtx. I think Subie is leveling the playing field (especially doing away with the limited price tag. $5K more market mark up when I looked at it.). I like the black/blue interior vs '06 red brick interior.
[/b]

I dont think there doing away with any of there Legacy models just because the spec.b isnt a limited car anymore. pleople still want a Legacy turbo with an automatic. I will stick with my price of 33k+.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
don't forget the TL Type S coming out in the fall wiht the mid model refresh. Rumors are 300+hp and very possible Super SH awd.
[/b]
ill bet that wont happen. that would be moving into RL territory and hurt sales on their flagship. from what ive heard, there wont be a type-s for this body style.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
About this Discussion
28 Replies
23 Participants
Mazda Gremlyn
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing