Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh joy of joys... they fixed the clutch!

It's no longer a clown clutch with silly hat and big floppy shoes that squirts you in the face with water whenever you try to engage it. It's an honest to god normal clutch which has a gradual engagement point starting midway through its travel and reasonably long that you can easily feather it. No more jerking from a stop or when downshifting. :love:

·
Registered
967 Posts
Maybe folks on here don't know how to drive. I never have a problem with the smoothness of my clutch. When I first test drove it the sensitivity did surprise me. I stalled twice, but that was it. I'm used to it now.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Maybe folks on here don't know how to drive. I never have a problem with the smoothness of my clutch. When I first test drove it the sensitivity did surprise me. I stalled twice, but that was it. I'm used to it now.
[/b]
please don't try and make excuses for the clutch's lineraity, it's a POS.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[/b]
i never stalled the 2006 mazdaspeed6, but it's still one of the shittiest clutches ever. so i guess i'm a better driver than you.

·
Registered
829 Posts
[/b]
I didn't stall on my test drive...but it is a much less forgiving clutch than other cars I've driven.

·
Registered
922 Posts
[/b]
they will learn when they upgrade.... if you think the stock clutch from 06 was on/off... try an exedy or ACT...

·
Registered
231 Posts
they will learn when they upgrade.... if you think the stock clutch from 06 was on/off... try an exedy or ACT...
[/b]
+1
Its not that bad, esp for daily driving, ive never stalled it and its not THAT jerky, ive had stage 5 clutches, now that was on/off haha

·
Registered
17 Posts
The clutch in the Mazdaspeed6 is nothing compared to the clutch that was in my old '85 Toyota pickup and '04 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V. Those were pieces of crap. Now granted this is not the best clutch in a car that I have driven, but I have no problems with stalling our it being jerky.

·
Registered
922 Posts
+1
Its not that bad, esp for daily driving, ive never stalled it and its not THAT jerky, ive had stage 5 clutches, now that was on/off haha
[/b]
ACT 2600 here in the Talon

·
Registered
267 Posts
The people who complain about the clutches on the 06's are gay. Can you not get used to a clutch? I have driven tons of vehicles and everyone of them have felt different. Yeah, it was jerky at first, but once i got used to it, i wouldnt have it any other way. At least now my wife will not ask to drive it. LOL

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
The people who complain about the clutches on the 06's are gay. Can you not get used to a clutch? I have driven tons of vehicles and everyone of them have felt different. Yeah, it was jerky at first, but once i got used to it, i wouldnt have it any other way. At least now my wife will not ask to drive it. LOL
[/b]

just because you get used to it, and can do it well doesnt make it good. i can get used to sitting on my nutsack if my desk chair is too small, but that doesnt make it good.

the clutch works just fine, but that doesnt mean it's pleasurable.

good job mazda for fixing it...now, what about a retrofit of the return spring...

·
Registered
358 Posts
clutch is a POS... period!!!!
I'm use to it already for a while now, still POS!!!

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
IT's no worse than an S2000, or WS6, or any numerous other stock clutches, just cause your unhappy with it personally dosent make it a POS, it just means you dont like it, i personally like a short quick engagement, hence my choic of cluth in my last car :shrug:

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
okay question....If you get an 06 Speed6, can you take it to the dealer and have them fix the clutch to the 07 for free?

·
Registered
580 Posts
okay question....If you get an 06 Speed6, can you take it to the dealer and have them fix the clutch to the 07 for free?
[/b]
I highly doubt it. That's like getting an 04 Mustang and taking it to the dealer expecting them to put the 05 engine in.

While I do believe us owners do have a case and many can vouche for the fact the clutch is that of very poor tuning and Mazda may agree with that fact, I doubt they will see eye to eye w/ us on a recall of that sort.

·
Registered
967 Posts
I have zero complaints about the clutch in my MS6.
I actually prefer the quicker engagement.
[/b]
Thank you, that's what I'm saying. I like the clutch. That's my opinion. People that think it's a POS, that's their opinion. To each his own.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts