Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, if this is a repost, but I picked up an '07 Mazda6 brochure today and the Mazdaspeed6 is included in it. It specifically says 2007 Mazdaspeed6.

Can't tell offhand what has changed for '07, but there are now only 4 colors:

Black Mica
Liquid Platinum Metallic
Velocity Red Mica
Titanium Gray Metallic

Horsepower is now listed at 270, fuel requirement is simply Unleaded Premium Gasoling (no octane listed).

If you have any other questions, post them and I'll check the brochure.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
Yes, this is a repost, you fu***** tard! Just kidding. This has been known for a while only b/c Mazda was unable to get the redesigned 6 in time for the 2007 Model Year. 2008 there will be a redesign of the 6 and the MS6 will go buh-bye.

No one knows why Mazda does what Mazda does as far as the paint options. I wouldn't be surprised if there was some decontenting as well.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, and I just realized the White with Black Leather option is gone, too. Just black cloth and black leather are offered (in the same trims as last year).

Dave: I thought I remembered some of our Canadian friends saying they were getting the '07, but I looked on the first two pages of the Mazdaspeed section and didn't see any thread or confirmation about the US model.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Whitewater Pearl was removed as a colour option on other Mazdas as well, like the Mazda5.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Whitewater Pearl was removed as a colour option on other Mazdas as well, like the Mazda5.
[/b]
Well, I also picked up an '07 Mazda5 brochure and they list Whitewater Pearl as an available color for '07.

Also noticed on the '07 MS6, under Standard Mechanical Features, they have listed this feature:

Liquid-cooled Power-Take-Off (PTO) System

I don't recall seeing this on the '06 features list. Anybody know what this is or if this is actually a new feature?

Also, Dynamic Stability Control is listed, which I didn't see on the '06 features list. I guess that's new too?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Yes not only is my shit the best looking color and options (IMO hehe) but also the rarest speed 6 especially since i got ALL options now........ YES!!

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also, 2007 pricing (again, sorry if this is a repost):

2007 Mazdaspeed6 pricing

Sport - MSRP $27,995 (Invoice - $25,833)

Grand Touring - MSRP $29,925 (Invoice - $27,608)

Same as last year, I think? Destination charge now $595 from $560.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Yes not only is my shit the best looking color and options (IMO hehe) but also the rarest speed 6 especially since i got ALL options now........ YES!!
[/b]
No sir, Black Cherry/Black GT is VERY rare... White/White.Black is pretty popular...

·
Registered
168 Posts
Well, I also picked up an '07 Mazda5 brochure and they list Whitewater Pearl as an available color for '07.
Also noticed on the '07 MS6, under Standard Mechanical Features, they have listed this feature:

Liquid-cooled Power-Take-Off (PTO) System

I don't recall seeing this on the '06 features list. Anybody know what this is or if this is actually a new feature?

Also, Dynamic Stability Control is listed, which I didn't see on the '06 features list. I guess that's new too?
[/b]
Wat the hack is that? could it be the water-cooled rear diff? something in the rear of the drivetrain, i dont rmb exactly wat

·
Registered
232 Posts
Dynamic Stability Control isn't new. That's on all the 2006 MS6's. It's that button on the left side of the dash next to the headlight adjustment and interior light dimmer. Not sure what the PTO thing is though.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
I heard the Mazdaspeed6 was coming back in 2009?

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
No sir, Black Cherry/Black GT is VERY rare... White/White.Black is pretty popular...
[/b]
Black Mica GT yes but there are plently of Black Cherry GT around the Philadelphia region still sitting on dealer lots.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I was told when I bought mine that the 06 and the 07 MS6 are identical except for the changes to Mazda's standard warranty. Also, I had heard that the 07 MS6 will be available in more limited numbers than the 06 model. I don't know if it is true, false or indifferent but the GM ad the dealer I bought from told me that basically the 06 model was planned for X number of units, that production wasn't reached so the difference will be produced and carried/marked as the 07 model. Other than getting the deal I wanted, I decided to by now becase I was concerned that there wouldn't be many 07 left over MS6's like there seem to be 06 MS6's.

·
Registered
436 Posts
[/b]
Interesting. In Canada, the colour has been replaced with Alpine White or something.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Wat the hack is that? could it be the water-cooled rear diff? something in the rear of the drivetrain, i dont rmb exactly wat
[/b]
I think it is Mazda's fancy name for either the rear coupling of the combination of rear coupling and rear diff

·
Registered
353 Posts
The PTO is not new, just what ^ said. Mazdas name for the water cooled coupling. I still want to find a MS6 that is totaled so I can get the rear diff form it and pull apart the coupling. Anyone know where I can get one let me know.

Oh, also sporting the Black Cherry Mica, Black leather GT with moonroof and Nav. Not sure if its rare or not but considering I still have not seen another MS6 on the road, and my dealer had lots of every other color except this one.

·
Registered
788 Posts
When I was at the dealer buying my car in Montgomery, AL they had like 8 MS6s. One white with white/black leather, 3 Silver w/ black leather, 2 Cherry one with leather and one without, and 1 Black Mica with leather...really don't remember the total options though...

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
this whole rarity thing is pointless...
Total number of MS6's I've seen: 2
1 black cherry mica w/ moonroof and black leather
1 titanium no moonroof and not sure about the interior as it was on highway

that's it so as far as my eyes tell me they are all just as "rare" as my platinum with cloth :p

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Hey Street fighter is correct, If you do the math....

Only how many Mazda enthusiasts are there that brought MS6's? you probably have 4 per area in the united states...

I know 4 or 5 people in the MD area that got a MS6 yet I have seen None on the roads. This car will remain Rare, yet not as rare as the Msprotege

1 - 20 of 53 Posts