Mazda 6 Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
^^^What are you talking about? You lost me there. Mazda offer what? :headscrat:

Get what from Mazda? Mazdaspeed cai?

Intake works on both automatic and manual transmissions. Sorry I have no idea what you mean.[/b]
I meant the guy from the dealer said they only carry intake made from Mazda for manuals.

·
Registered
7,070 Posts
Didn't you just answer my questions?
Weird guy... :goon:[/b]

lmfao!!!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Damn, I am a noob. I tried to answer this one guy comment and forgot the click on the next page, I thought the post never posted. Sorry for being so new at this, but all you guys been a great help to me. Okay, since my question is answer, I have more. If I buy CP-E, does the bypass add on really works to avoid sucking up water and is it worth it? Since CA does not rain often, but if it ever did again I will be scared. Like right now, in Lemoore CA where I am station at it is raining hard. If I plan to buy a CP-E for my Automatic 2.3, does anybody know where I can get it for the least amount of money? Thanks again guys. :drive:

·
Registered
7,070 Posts
Damn, I am a noob. I tried to answer this one guy comment and forgot the click on the next page, I thought the post never posted. Sorry for being so new at this, but all you guys been a great help to me. Okay, since my question is answer, I have more. If I buy CP-E, does the bypass add on really works to avoid sucking up water and is it worth it? Since CA does not rain often, but if it ever did again I will be scared. Like right now, in Lemoore CA where I am station at it is raining hard. If I plan to buy a CP-E for my Automatic 2.3, does anybody know where I can get it for the least amount of money? Thanks again guys. :drive:[/b]

check therpmstore.com... i think is the website. its like under 500 there. there pricey man. im gettin a bypass valve, cuz every little bit helps to avoid hydrolock.

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
bypass won't work on any intake but the injen on the 2.3 .....and that's not confirmed. but it needs to go in the middle of the intake...

....so you guys might wanna rethink that one!

·
Registered
728 Posts
please for you own sake don't get a short ram...it will sounds nicer but the performance will be worse...gas consumptions might be worse too....unless you drive through a big puddle the CAI is FINe...the heat from the engine will make the air comin in WAY to hot!

·
Registered
7,070 Posts
bypass won't work on any intake but the injen on the 2.3 .....and that's not confirmed. but it needs to go in the middle of the intake...

....so you guys might wanna rethink that one![/b]

whoa, whoa.... ya'll r sayin that a bypass does absolutelly nothing?? whats the point of making them? why do ppl swear by them that they work. i had a guy at APEX show me vidoe of an AEM one and how it worked, seemed fine to me.

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
look at the video again. the bypass goes in the middle of the intake...no? where is the middle of the intake on cp=e or aem? sure you could but the intakes....if that's what you want to do i guess?

i don't know who's car you were driving in where the short ram intake sounded "rice", cause it has been the best sounding intake on my car...and i've had 5 intakes on my car! mileage....ehh, i never saw anything effect mileage enough to make me think about it....but the short setup didn't hurt it enough to where i noticed "shit, where's my mileage?".

i'm not saying get the SRS, but unless you had it on your 6i, keep those comments to yourself. it's all about preference and driving style, i've run airbox mod, my own custom cai, aem srs, aem cai, injen cai (ran as short setup as well) and cp-e's intake.....they all work fine, none of them work poorly at all. certains ones just aren't $200+ better than the others in my opinion.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.