Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, I have a 2007 Mazda6i Automatic that is 2.3. Is there any companies you guys recommend that offer a Short Ram Intake that is best for my car? I'm scare in going the Full Intake System due to stories of sucking up waters. I also hear about stories about throwing cells. Mazda Dealer in Alhambra, CA told me they do not offer any short ram intake at all, let alone any intake system for an automatic. Thanks again guys. :drive:

·
Registered
7,070 Posts
Ok guys, I have a 2007 Mazda6i Automatic that is 2.3. Is there any companies you guys recommend that offer a Short Ram Intake that is best for my car? I'm scare in going the Full Intake System due to stories of sucking up waters. I also hear about stories about throwing cells. Mazda Dealer in Alhambra, CA told me they do not offer any short ram intake at all, let alone any intake system for an automatic. Thanks again guys. :drive:[/b]

unless your getting the short ram intake just for sound... its pointless!!! get a full CAI, throw on a bypass valve, and u should be set.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
unless your getting the short ram intake just for sound... its pointless!!! get a full CAI, throw on a bypass valve, and u should be set.[/b]
What brand do you recommend for my car?

·
Registered
172 Posts
why are u so worried about sucking up water into ur intake. I had a full cold air intake on my lastcar and never had a problem and i live in oregon where it rains more days then dont. But then agian i did not think my last car(2004 mustang v-6)could forgge rivers or anything like that.

·
Registered
141 Posts
being that you are from southern cali, i wouldn't worry to much about water getting into ur intake...if ur only going for the SRI juss do the airbox mod..(this mod has been brought up many times and its just as effective:search:).. the CP-E CAI would be for the best for ur 2.3...IMO

·
Registered
7,070 Posts
What brand do you recommend for my car?[/b]

man unless your gettin the CP-E (500 bucks) dont even worry about the model of the CAI. they all do the same thing... shoot, i got a cheapy off of ebay. BOMZ is the brand, works great and only 80 bucks. im gonna get the CP-E one soon though.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
you can get one form your mazda dealer that is covered by a warranty and wont mess up your cars waranty.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
man unless your gettin the CP-E (500 bucks) dont even worry about the model of the CAI. they all do the same thing... shoot, i got a cheapy off of ebay. BOMZ is the brand, works great and only 80 bucks. im gonna get the CP-E one soon though.[/b]
I heard the ones on ebay will definitely mess up your engine like throwing a cell. I guess you pay for what you get. Thanks

you can get one form your mazda dealer that is covered by a warranty and wont mess up your cars waranty.[/b]
I went to Alhambra in California and they said that they do not even have one for automatic for my model or even earlier ones. Thanks

·
Registered
7,070 Posts
I heard the ones on ebay will definitely mess up your engine like throwing a cell. I guess you pay for what you get. Thanks
I went to Alhambra in California and they said that they do not even have one for automatic for my model or even earlier ones. Thanks[/b]

the only one that doesnt throw a CEL is the CP-E!!!! so like i said earlier... unless u gonna dish out 500 bucks for the CP-E then all the intakes are the same. the one i got(bomz) is the injen one without the brand name. ive had many intakes, this one works just as fine as aem, injen, etc....

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the only one that doesnt throw a CEL is the CP-E!!!! so like i said earlier... unless u gonna dish out 500 bucks for the CP-E then all the intakes are the same. the one i got(bomz) is the injen one without the brand name. ive had many intakes, this one works just as fine as aem, injen, etc....[/b]
Sorry for all the questions man. I appreciate you helping me. One last question, is CP-E made by Mazda?

·
Registered
7,070 Posts
Sorry for all the questions man. I appreciate you helping me. One last question, is CP-E made by Mazda?[/b]

u know what i actually am not sure on that one... but i dont think so.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
CPE is not made or owned by Mazda, it is a private company.[/b]
So is it better to get the one from Mazda or CP-E? One thing is my local Mazda Dealer does not have one for an automatic. Wondering if other Mazda Dealer actually offer it?

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
^^^What are you talking about? You lost me there. Mazda offer what? :headscrat:

Get what from Mazda? Mazdaspeed cai?

Intake works on both automatic and manual transmissions. Sorry I have no idea what you mean.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
^^^What are you talking about? You lost me there. Mazda offer what? :headscrat:

Get what from Mazda? Mazdaspeed cai?

Intake works on both automatic and manual transmissions. Sorry I have no idea what you mean.[/b]
I mean the Mazda Dealer close to me does not have an intake system for automatic. I am not sure if other Dealer carries it or all does not.

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
since i haven't said it in a while....CP-E is FAR from "worth it" on teh 6i atx! i do agree with most, that in SoCal, you might have to worry about sucking up water 6 days a year, but it's more where you are driving and lack of draining, rather than there is that much rain.

the BEST intake i have had on my car, for MY driving (which is hwy fun) was the AEM SRS intake. sounded the best, gave me the best pickup on the hwy when dropping a gear....if i went back to NA, i'd have that intake on my car. Injen is nice as you can run it CAI or short, so just take the bottom off when it rains...if that floats your boat.

"I feel you are just throwing money away if you put cp-e on your car"

·
Registered
7,070 Posts
since i haven't said it in a while....CP-E is FAR from "worth it" on teh 6i atx! i do agree with most, that in SoCal, you might have to worry about sucking up water 6 days a year, but it's more where you are driving and lack of draining, rather than there is that much rain.

the BEST intake i have had on my car, for MY driving (which is hwy fun) was the AEM SRS intake. sounded the best, gave me the best pickup on the hwy when dropping a gear....if i went back to NA, i'd have that intake on my car. Injen is nice as you can run it CAI or short, so just take the bottom off when it rains...if that floats your boat.

"I feel you are just throwing money away if you put cp-e on your car"[/b]

mr. tea, u would go back to the AEM SRS??? that nice of an intake huh? i have a mtx with the mods on my sig, would i be trhowing away money getting the CP-E, mind you i can get it for 350.

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
i don't stop light race, i do all my playing on the hwy, so heat soak is no issue for me personally whatesoever. if you spend your time driving around town, and play at every light, you will see a hit on performance from the heat. so the CAI vs SRS is a personal choice on driving style/preference.

the CP-E....the only reason i have every said to get it on a 2.3 is for those that are scared shitless about having a CEL. though it seems on the newer models the CEL is even less likely, i personally can't guarantee it won't pop up. i would rather have a scanner and AEM for the same price as cp-e so i can read/clear codes, datalog and help others when needed.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.