Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I've come to this forum before for other things concerning my Mazda but lately I have been trying to research a problem that may or may not happen. I need new headlights, not just the bulb but the actual headlight itself and I want to get some aftermarket ones that look nice, maybe halos or something. For some reason I can hardly find any good headlights for the year 2007, instead most of them are around 2003 or 2005. I am just wondering if those headlights will still fit my 2007 model with all the right connections and whatnot. Any help would be great!
Seth

·
100% CANUCK
7,600 Posts
All first gen headlights fit the same. With that being said, they dont all look or function the same. Some are factory xenon, some have internal fogs. There are also differences in bezels.

Why do you "need" new ones @xtremeridr?

I would retro-fit different projecters into the OEM housings & installing halos. None of the aftermarket stuff on ebay, amazon, carid, etc will compare in quality to OEM housings. Thats just my suggestion.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Came across this post. I also think I may need new headlights. The plastic outer cover has degraded so much it looks cloudy, and I dont think it will pass its warrant check.
I would like to keep fairly close to factory standard look.
Any advice / suggestions?

·
Registered
2007 Velocity Red Mazdaspeed 6
971 Posts
You can get replacement covers. They are non-trivial to install. I've never done it, but I understand you have to break the glue that holds the original on. But, it is the cheapest option. Well, other than to do a headlight repair job which might be sufficient.

·
Rally Racer
2,829 Posts
Came across this post. I also think I may need new headlights. The plastic outer cover has degraded so much it looks cloudy, and I dont think it will pass its warrant check.
I would like to keep fairly close to factory standard look.
Any advice / suggestions?
Either use a rubbing compound and polishing disk or wet sand then with very fine grit and then polish.
Amazon AU kit

1 - 6 of 6 Posts