Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2007 Mazda 6i 5-door a week ago and I can't figure out whether or not it plays MP3's. I told the dealer that I wanted a 6 with that option and he told me that it does. But I talked to him today and he seems to not even know what an MP3 cd is. So I tried several different mp3 cd's on my headunit and none of them play. When I put in the cd it just plays one track and has no sound. I don't think I have one. Is there anything that I can look for on the headunit to see if it plays mp3's? I read the manual on the 6 and it says I need to make certain kind of mp3's to play in the headunit, but I tried several different ways to make them and they all failed. Also, isn't there supposed to be some kind of small "MP3" sign on the headunit? I don't think mine has that. Well, could somebody help me out with this? Thanks

· Registered
33 Posts
I had to get mine installed through the dealer. I waited about 3 weeks for it to get shipped from another state. It does have a little "MP3" sign right below the "load" button of the unit. But then again, mine is an 06' not 07' so I don't know if they come factory installed already.

· Registered
3,396 Posts
I had to get mine installed through the dealer. I waited about 3 weeks for it to get shipped from another state. It does have a little "MP3" sign right below the "load" button of the unit. But then again, mine is an 06' not 07' so I don't know if they come factory installed already.
[/b]
I think he pretty well already concluded that, if you put an MP3 disk in the player and it doesn't work then you don't have the MP3 player version. I was a little bit annoyed by that in my 2006 6S Sport, there wasn't even an option listed for it, but I could buy another whole damn radio unit for $500 from Mazda, not counting installation labor. Seems like Mazda could make it an option at least.

G

·
yeah, i'm kinda ticked about this too. i tried all kinds of MP3 CDs and finally just decided that i need to figure out how to get my head unit out and just install the iPod kit. the radio comes with a "SAT" button, so i'm hoping to just plug into that input.

has anyone found one for less than $160? the one i found lets you control your iPod through the radio and steering wheel radio controls...plus it sounds WAY better than an FM transmitter.

-dc

· Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey thanks alot guys. So what your saying is that I could get an ipod transmitter to work through my headunit? I'm not sure I really understand this. Will all of my buttons on the steering wheel still work?

· Registered
2,296 Posts
I waiting for my MP3 player from Mazda...but it's on backorder. It's been over a month now. :swearin:
I have the Bose system. The regular MP3 radio is not on back order. I bought it a Trussville Mazda. I miss me MP3 cd's :tear:

· Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm thinkin about goin aftermarket too. I wanna get a cd player with the indash tv also. My only problem is that I wanna hide the tv in that top compartment, but I don't know how it would fit or if the tv will block my view when I'm driving. Does anybody know of someone who has done that b4? I don't want the factory nav system look. I want to put like the alpine or pioneer in dash dvd/cd/nav in there. You think it would fit?

· Registered
1,659 Posts

· Registered
641 Posts
I'm thinkin about goin aftermarket too. I wanna get a cd player with the indash tv also. My only problem is that I wanna hide the tv in that top compartment, but I don't know how it would fit or if the tv will block my view when I'm driving. Does anybody know of someone who has done that b4? I don't want the factory nav system look. I want to put like the alpine or pioneer in dash dvd/cd/nav in there. You think it would fit?
[/b]

You can always make stuff fit.....with the right amount of cash :) Sounds expensive, at least half a grand just for the unit...well all I wanted was a friggin mp3 capable cd player, but your version sounds nice...might as well save up and throw away my crappy 40 buck portable mp3 player and run to the store. :tear:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.