Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking and looking for a suitable car for myself since I traded away my 6. One day I was going to work and off to my right appeared a smoldering white 2007 Acura TSX at the stoplight. I was like - "that's it" - She has so many "ques" that led me to buy my 2004 Mazda in the first place -anyway - I was thinking of leasing one and perhaps trying to negotiate with Acura the residual / last payment baloon. Has anyone ever had any success with that??? The idea is that I can get into one for cheap and then maybe get out after 3 years or give myself the opportunity to buy it upon the last payment. I was thinking that when the dealership goes 35 payments at xyz and 1 payment at say $19,000.00...I retort "can we negotiate that residual?" If they want $19,000.00 I ask for $17,000.00...I only drive 10,000 miles per year...so after 3 years (30,000 miles) I could maybe buy it all over again for upper to mid teens ??? I would go for the 6 speed v-tec 205 horsepower ... naturally ... I have to admit the car was so obvious a replacement for my 6 yet I never saw this one coming...I did not think I could ever afford the likes of an "Acura" but at $28,600 base ... I may pull it off under the mask of a lease...anyone ever bargain down a residual??? Thank...C 6

http://www.auto123.com/carbuild/images/acu...affetawhite.jpg

·
Registered
383 Posts
I have been looking and looking for a suitable car for myself since I traded away my 6. One day I was going to work and off to my right appeared a smoldering white 2007 Acura TSX at the stoplight. I was like - "that's it" - She has so many "ques" that led me to buy my 2004 Mazda in the first place -anyway - I was thinking of leasing one and perhaps trying to negotiate with Acura the residual / last payment baloon. Has anyone ever had any success with that??? The idea is that I can get into one for cheap and then maybe get out after 3 years or give myself the opportunity to buy it upon the last payment. I was thinking that when the dealership goes 35 payments at xyz and 1 payment at say $19,000.00...I retort "can we negotiate that residual?" If they want $19,000.00 I ask for $17,000.00...I only drive 10,000 miles per year...so after 3 years (30,000 miles) I could maybe buy it all over again for upper to mid teens ??? I would go for the 6 speed v-tec 205 horsepower ... naturally ... I have to admit the car was so obvious a replacement for my 6 yet I never saw this one coming...I did not think I could ever afford the likes of an "Acura" but at $28,600 base ... I may pull it off under the mask of a lease...anyone ever bargain down a residual??? Thank...C 6

http://www.auto123.com/carbuild/images/acu...affetawhite.jpg
[/b]
Anything is negotiable... even the residual. But with American Honda Finance, you must do it at the time of the lease. AHF has a policy that once the lease is set, they do not netoiate the residuals at lease end... or so that is what they told me when the lease was up on my 02 Accord. Now private banks are another matter. My buddy is nearing the end of a bank lease on his TL, and they contact him every two weeks and lower the residual value if he wants to buy the car outright.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried but can't make any deals with this 2006 G6 turd on my hands...I can't get a dealer to take me seriously...I can't even give this car away...

I truly like the looks of the TSX and would be willing to side step big mod performance wishes to get into an entry level luxury car...the car was a complete ditto of the Mazda 6 inside and out!!! There are so many strange similarities...it is very-very strange. Some one did copy their design ques from the other...no doubt about it...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts