Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my Mazdaspeed 6 for about 3 years. Love this car every bit, even with the extensive maintenance it requires. So far the car was put back to stock with only a COBB intake and HPFP for smog check. I'm probably just gonna sell the mod parts and leave the car as is... too lazy to bolt everything back on.

External wise, it's dropped on H&R coilovers. It's on its lowest setting. If you want more low, go with other brand, but if you want ride comfort, H&R is really good. AeroFlow front spatula and side skirts. If you have gunk on the ground lmk and ill come over and scrape it clean with my car. Wheels are XXR 527 (leave me alone i'm cheap) 18x8.75+35, fenders rolled and pull about an inch out.

That's about all folks.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm actually back on stock map for the smog check. Since I'm not putting anything back on, just intake and fuel pump, could I just stick with the stock map?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, it was tuned with a turbo back. Not tuned with JUST the intake. So far it hasn't thrown any code yet. I haven't driven the car hard either, AFR seems okay during normal driving. But LTFT does show the computer is adjusting to the car running a bit lean.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yea, it was tuned with a turbo back. Not tuned with JUST the intake. So far it hasn't thrown any code yet. I haven't driven the car hard either, AFR seems okay during normal driving. But LTFT does show the computer is adjusting to the car running a bit lean.
So you had to take the whole turbo back off for smog? Damn that's a bitch of a job. So are you still on the stock map running lean? No plans to put the mods back on?

·
Lowspeed
6,280 Posts
I'd suggest that the OEM or factory Mazda tune is pretty crappy, and that you would do well for your engines health to run another map instead.

The stock tune has overly aggressive timing and low rpm boost characteristics that can/will result in knock and other harsh events. While one of Cobb's OTS maps is an improvement over stock, even those are just a generic starting point.

I'd suggest reaching out to someplace like Hypnotic Tuning and letting Rob know you aren't necessarily interested in "max" anything, rather that you'd like something safer than the OEM tune. Not only would it be better for your engine but you'd be amazed by the improvements in how it behaves and overall driveability & smoothness compared to Mazda's tune.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
@tomazws Hey,

Saw you had the Aeroflow splitter on your MS6. Mine just arrived & this has to be a joke with no mounting holes drilled in it & there's no way this thing will fit w/the factory air dam + it's matte black not gloss like it's supposed to be. I already have their side skirts on my car & they are fine.

So I was hoping you remembered what you had to do to install this thing properly. I'm hoping they just sent me the wrong one.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mine was installed by them at their shop. You should call them about the mounting holes issue!

@tomazws Hey,

Saw you had the Aeroflow splitter on your MS6. Mine just arrived & this has to be a joke with no mounting holes drilled in it & there's no way this thing will fit w/the factory air dam + it's matte black not gloss like it's supposed to be. I already have their side skirts on my car & they are fine.

So I was hoping you remembered what you had to do to install this thing properly. I'm hoping they just sent me the wrong one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
6 Participants
CarNo0b
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing