Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a 2006 V6. It's got some problems that weren't all apparent when I drove it before buying. I really don't know what my next step should be, hoping you guys can help.
After I drive it for a while (20-30 minutes?) it loses power and I just can't accelerate, but the transmission doesn't seem to be the issue as I can still shift gears (automatic flick) just fine, it's just that it doesn't help. But, if I pull over, shut it off and wait a few seconds, then start it again, most of the problem goes away and I can drive it without too much problem.

It has a new egr, radiator, fan control and throttle body. These are the codes that showed right before I had the throttle body changed, but after the radiator and egr.

So, what would you try first and why? I really can't afford to just throw money at it. My dad can help some if I need it, but the budget is low.

P0223 – Throttle position (TP) sensor B/accelerator pedal position (APP) sensor / switch B -high input
P0401 – Exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) system -insufficient flow detected
P2179 – System too lean off idle, bank 2 / Adaptive heated oxygen sensor (H02S) control, bank 2 – signal high
P0122 – Throttle position (TP) sensor A/accelerator pedal position (APP) sensor / switch A -low input
P2135 – Accelerator pedal position (APP) / Throttle position (TP) sensor/switch A/B – voltage correlation
P2177 – System too lean off idle, bank 1
P2144 – Exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) vent control – circuit low
P2098 – Post catalytic converter fuel trim (FT), bank 2- too lean

·
Rally Racer
2,816 Posts
Sorry to hear that mate, but with a shopping list of codes like the one you present, I cannot see any other way but to throw money at it.

The 6 is prone to ignition coil failure, as as a result, catalyst failure. I do not see a misfire code or catalytic converter failure code but the Mk. 1 Mazda 6 is notorious for under/not reporting misfire.

Start searching those codes and see what you can address. Most of them have solutions listed on this forum.

Good luck

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Misfire arent persistent codes, you have to read them when they are flashing, which in this case might be hard with all the other shit.
My first suggestion would be to check the battery, alternator and engine wiring harness and accordion hose behind the MAF.

·
Registered
Mazda 6s 2007
45 Posts
So I'll try my best to help, I never got those type of codes but I got the p2179 engine lean off idle bank 2 then I been told this is a code that gets triggered after installing injen cai, and after a while I get a code p2144 and stopped getting the p2179 because when I got the p2179 I didn't do anything about it since it didn't show any drivability issues I tried many things to fix and there was no vacuum leaks, of sensors was good, but when I got the p2144 I changed the egr vaccum solenoid which is attached on the firewall easy to get too, and that cleared my p2144. Start by changing the sensors those are cheap to change when the egr solenoid or the one next to it which is the map sensor goes bad those could give wrong reading of the air that is inside the intake manifold, and could be adding too much or too little fuel so it could make the car stall. Those sensors won't go over $25 oem. please only buy oem as the fake ones off amazon don't work well, I would suggest start with those.
Then If the codes didn't go and car kept doing problems try checking the sparks and then change if they are bad and try the ignition coils after that. I would defenitly start with the egr vaccum solenoid sensor and the manifold absolute pressure (map) sensor too.

Sent from my LM-V500N using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts