Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my clutch started shuttering for the first few stops in the morning after sitting overnight. Seems just as described in the sticky- My question is how common is this for the 2006?! It seemed to me that they would put the updated clutch in the 06 but if it has the same problems as the 05 did they switch!? What should I do?
Will I get charged at the dealer since Im passed the 12,000 mark?! This is why I got a new car in the first place! I didnt want the problems of the 150,000 clutch on my old honda!! But now im having problems with my mazda at 28,000! WTF?
your opinions are welcome just dont try to tell me that I "race" my car and that is the problem because I have never seen a track day in my life... thanks!
*scott*

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
test

·
Registered
53 Posts
well mine has been doing that for quite a while now. by the time the tsb came out i had well over 12000 miles. now i have 64 and still shutters in the am in the cold. it stops after the first few launches though. ive just come to accpet it and deal with it until i need a new one

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well mine has been doing that for quite a while now. by the time the tsb came out i had well over 12000 miles. now i have 64 and still shutters in the am in the cold. it stops after the first few launches though. ive just come to accpet it and deal with it until i need a new one[/b]
Man thats too bad! Did you take it to the dealership? I just don't want to be charged fort them to look at it because the problem is "out of warranty" even though I have never heard of a clutch going so soon any any other car...

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
my clutch exploded at 16k, and I have an '06. The mechanic was telling me it is basically the same clutch they used on the older 2.3 ltr(I think it was 2.3) 626's. I'm gonna guess that has a little something to do with it.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I am surprised that the newer ones still suffer from this. My Mazda replacement clutch has 20,000 miles on it now and it's still doing fine. While it is not the best one that I have ever driven, it is far superior to the original junk that it replaced. Oh, yeah...I had mine replaced at 45K miles under warranty! Search the drivetrain section for related threads.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ron Tonkin is a sponsor here in the club so I hope they will treat me well. I will have to wait untill school is out for winter (if it will last that long!) Why would they use a clutch designed for a 2.3!? cheap asses! :slap:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ron Tonkin is a sponsor here in the club so I hope they will treat me well. I will have to wait untill school is out for winter (if it will last that long!) Why would they use a clutch designed for a 2.3!? cheap asses! :slap:[/b]
well i have the same issue with my 03 mazda 6 s. i tried mazda dealer and customer support and none of them worked. im currently waiting for a response from the better business bureau to check my claim. i only have 20000 miles on the car :((

here is the site if anyone is interested

https://www.auto.bbb.org/scripts/cgiip.exe/...utoline/first.w

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
What does this mean?[/b]
I had 26k on the odometer and i got mine covered and they even put in a lightweight flywheel for me.I had been complaining about the clutch since it had 5k for miles and it was no arguement with the TSB and my complaints.

·
Registered
680 Posts
A little bit of clutch chatter is not unusual for a cold soaked car. Like peteG said, as long as the chattering goes away after a few engagements, then it should be fine. If you drive properly, that clutch will last much longer. My stock clutch is at 81,000 miles and running. It's getting pretty weak, but it's still going. And it's part of the inferior '03-'04 clutch generation to boot.

·
Premium Member
1,149 Posts
my car has 51k on it and i still have the 03-04 clutch i got it looked at and the guy said it looks like it has 20k on it...i still get some shuttering in the morning but i deal

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
A little bit of clutch chatter is not unusual for a cold soaked car. Like peteG said, as long as the chattering goes away after a few engagements, then it should be fine. If you drive properly, that clutch will last much longer. My stock clutch is at 81,000 miles and running. It's getting pretty weak, but it's still going. And it's part of the inferior '03-'04 clutch generation to boot.[/b]
You got lucky,my clutch came out in 4 pieces.I didn't drive the car hard either.I had my S10 for racing

my car has 51k on it and i still have the 03-04 clutch i got it looked at and the guy said it looks like it has 20k on it...i still get some shuttering in the morning but i deal[/b]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
10 Participants
djquik1
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing