Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how can larger 2006 front brakes (rotors, pads, clips, calipers...?) be adopted to 2003 model?

I did rent a 2006 v6 and braking was way superior to my 2003, stopping power had less fade, was quiet, smooth and powerfull... with no vibration or sqeel every time!!!

How expencive would it cost, what parts would have to changed to 2006 spec and what could be kept from 2003?

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
considering costs from mazda for stock parts, you are probably better off doing a TCS BBK

·
Registered
449 Posts
considering costs from mazda for stock parts, you are probably better off doing a TCS BBK
[/b]
Never underestimate the power of stupid people behind the wheel. They'll be wrecked in junk yards soon enough.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Never underestimate the power of stupid people behind the wheel. They'll be wrecked in junk yards soon enough.
[/b]
that's a good point, but do we have any idea about what exact parts of the breaking system are needed to perform a swap from 2003 to new 2006 specs?

rotors, pads, calipers, clips what else?

·
Registered
84 Posts
mounting brackets? master cylinder? might as well go with braided lines if you're doing this.

that's a good point, but do we have any idea about what exact parts of the breaking system are needed to perform a swap from 2003 to new 2006 specs?

rotors, pads, calipers, clips what else?
[/b]

·
Registered
793 Posts
I should of thought of this instead of spending so much money last year on brakes. Well not that much but still its money I put out. I ended up getting new slotted rotors, Hawk pads, braided ss lines, and DOT 4 brake fluid, and im still not happy with it.

Its a great improvement over stock, but the pedal fading at high temperatures still sucks, and it could use a little more initial bite!

A big brake kit would have been awesome.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I'd ask one of the site sponsors that works at a dealership to research part numbers, start at the spindles and work outward until you find dissimilar.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts