Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to take out the radio so i can put a MP3 Bose radio in my 2006 MazdaSpeed6. It seems like there is something still attach to the radio on the Driver side of the radio. Am I missing something here? I read all the write ups on how to remove the center console and radio......but there is one more thing that won't release to let me get the radio out. Any help or advice would be great. Thank you. Tony

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
You are going to have to open the Glove box, there's a screw on the right side

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are going to have to open the Glove box, there's a screw on the right side
[/b]
It was removed when i first try to remove the radio. It seems to be still connected to something on the driver side of the radio.

·
Registered
66 Posts
It was removed when i first try to remove the radio. It seems to be still connected to something on the driver side of the radio.
[/b]
Probably just a really snug wire harness or could be the antenna wire. The radio bezel is always hard to remove on first try. Just be patient and keep pulling on it slowly. Start from the bottom. Its easier that way.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The radio is lose, but won't come out. It's still attach to something.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The radio is lose, but won't come out. It's still attach to something.
[/b]
If i remember right mine was too. Mine was a wire harness for the climate controls.

...and you took the bottom screws out too right? I am guessing you mean that the bezel is no longer attached to the dash, but you just can't get it far enough out to start unplugging things?

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I figured it out.... :swearin: . I think it was the stupid SIRIUS Satellite Radio wire that is hooked up to the back of the radio and it didn't have any slack in it to let me pull the radio out all the way to release the wire harnesses. I traced the cable that was causeing all this mess. I pulled on it and it lead to the glove box area, down to the kicker panel on the passenger side. I pulled on the wire to get more slack out of it which helped me pull the radio out enough to release the wire harness. WHAT A PAIN IN THE ASS!!!
:bsflag:

PS. The new Bose six-disk MP3 radio is working awesome!!! Now, does anyone want to buy my old Bose 6 disk radio(non-MP3)? $300 :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
I figured it out.... :swearin: . I think it was the stupid SIRIUS Satellite Radio wire that is hooked up to the back of the radio and it didn't have any slack in it to let me pull the radio out all the way to release the wire harnesses. I traced the cable that was causeing all this mess. I pulled on it and it lead to the glove box area, down to the kicker panel on the passenger side. I pulled on the wire to get more slack out of it which helped me pull the radio out enough to release the wire harness. WHAT A PAIN IN THE ASS!!!
:bsflag:
[/b]

Ah yes...now I remember. That was probably the cable holding mine in too. Mine came a little easier because I was removing the Sirius from it anyway and I had the whole cable ready to take out. Glad to hear you got it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts