Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Reading Topic: 2006 Miata.

No it doesn't! It looks horrible! Argh! The Miata was always supposed to be a little version of their flagship, not a tiny spicy version of their family car! There goes another good sports car down the crapper.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

That's where we differ in opinion. I've never thought of the Miata as a 'Sports Car'. To me it's a 'Sporty' car that is fun to drive and affordable.

·
Registered
376 Posts

the car looks good, but it will no longer be a miata! it's a totally new design and the fun of it will certainly drop as it really looks like a small m6... there will be no more personnality associated to it!

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

Somehow I doubt it's gonna look like that. It's way to early to be getting legit sneak peeks I think.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Replying to Topic '2006 Miata.'

That pic looks like a photochoped version of the 6 MPS. Its even at the same angle! I'm raising the :bsflag on this one.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

It is a retouched Mazda6 MPS, that photo was debunked long ago on Miata.net. What is known about the NC is, weight 1 metric ton (2200lbs); 4cyl motor, will be easily recognized as a Miata/MX-5.

Expect no "real" spy photos untill early 2005.

·
Registered
376 Posts

now that it's been mention the word photoshop... hummm... the mazda logo on the front end seems taken from somewhere else...

GreenNuggs, i go with you on this one! :bsflag

·
Registered
354 Posts

Originally posted by Phrosted

No it doesn't!  It looks horrible!  Argh!  The Miata was always supposed to be a little version of their flagship, not a tiny spicy version of their family car!  There goes another good sports car down the crapper.[/b]
Believe me, It won't look like that.

·
Registered
736 Posts

There is too much "bruising" on the front bumper. Bruising meaning the dark spots on the bumper are not justified, so raise your B.S. flags in protest. ;) I don't think it looks bad, in fact, I like it, but it does steal the personality of the Miata.

Btw Phrosted, what exactly is Mazda's "flagship model" if it isn't the 6?

·
Registered
376 Posts

is that me or many things have been taken from the RX-7 to the miata over the years...

i'm thinking about the shape of the doors for example...

·
Registered
1,112 Posts

Yeah, that's true. I bet that the miata takes on some traits from the RX-8 next model year, that would be fitting. I bet it's also too small for me to drive, but ton's of fun when I squeeze in there! :D

·
Registered
736 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: 2006 Miata.

Ah yes! lol.. Its been so long since there has been a new RX-7 and the launch of the RX-8 went over my head already. :p Well, if we get the new Miata to look anything like the RX-8, we will be very happy.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: 2006 Miata.

i think we got a point there... Mazda presents the RX-8, then replace the miata to look like a little sister...

through the years without the RX's i thought they were trying to make RX's fans buy miatas... maybe it's just a matter of money since miatas are less expensive... :)

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

I bet it's also too small for me to drive, but ton's of fun when I squeeze in there!  :D[/b]
We have members in our club that are 6ft+ and in excess of 250lbs (some well in excess) that drive Miatas everyday.

Originally posted by Gecko_2k2

Well, if we get the new Miata to look anything like the RX-8, we will be very happy.[/b]
But of lot of Miata fans won't be.

·
Registered
376 Posts

Originally posted by LBJay

I bet it's also too small for me to drive, but ton's of fun when I squeeze in there!  :D[/b]
We have members in our club that are 6ft+ and in excess of 250lbs (some well in excess) that drive Miatas everyday. [/b][/quote]

1- how do you know that? :)
2- i am more than 6 ft and i fit just right in a miata! :)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts