Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a 2006 mazdaspeed 6 awd turbo. I was throwing code p0016 for my crankcam sensor and I replaced it and the code didn't go away. I noticed when doing the replacement that the teeth to my crank pulley were severely damaged so I replaced my crank pulley. For the most part I followed the proper timing procedure. I used the special service tool on the back of the engine to hold it at tdc and I used the other special service tool (sst) for the proper timing as well. We doubled checked to make sure after replacing the pulley that everything including the sensor were lined up with top dead center (tdc) everything seemed fine so I tried starting the car, it wouldn't start but it sounded normal while cranking. I talked to alot of people and they said it'll start with bad timing but not a bad sensor so I once again replaced the sensor. While waiting for a new sensor I ordered a new belt tensioner because mine turned out be destroyed. I also at this point ordered a new pulley bolt because I didn't know that was a one time use bolt. After getting my belt tensioner, new pulley bolt, and new sensor I put them on and now the car sounds even worse and still won't start. I thought maybe sense I forgot to unplug my spark plugs maybe they were severely flooded while manually turning the crank pulley. So I replaced my spark plugs and no difference, while we had the plugs out I decided to check tdc to cylinder 1 on compression stroke (could smell the gas while turning the pulley) my car was all still on tdc and it sounds like absolute shit while cranking it to start. Also after replacing the belt tensioner and pulley bolt and new sensor the car got worse sounding when cranking AND I hear what sounds like a knock (kinda sounds like a tap though) while I manually rotate the crank pulley. It looks like it happens when the pulley tdc hole is straight up and straight down (2 different taps). At this point I'm lost and my dad is out of ideas and I have no money to go to a shop. Please any ideas? Also it's a 2.3l disi motor

1 - 1 of 1 Posts