Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Mazda6 6i sedan. It came without the lower fog lights. I would like to purchase the lower fog light kit. My Mazda dealer cannot get the parts. Please let me know if you can acquire the OEM fog light kit. Thanks!

·
Registered
947 Posts
I have a 2006 Mazda6 6i sedan. It came without the lower fog lights. I would like to purchase the lower fog light kit. My Mazda dealer cannot get the parts. Please let me know if you can acquire the OEM fog light kit. Thanks!
[/b]
*DELETED*

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I see fron yor sig that you have the base model, right? Meaning that you don't have the sport package?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I see fron yor sig that you have the base model, right? Meaning that you don't have the sport package?
[/b]

You are correct. I have the 2006 Mazda 6i base model. Non-sport.

Also, if there isn't an install kit, can I at least get the lights? I'm pretty sure I can find an acceptable switch and figure out some wiring. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Heres the thing with the 06. You can get the lights, but you don't get the housing with it. And the lamps themselves are $105.15 each.

·
Registered
62 Posts
for a fog light kit you need part number 0000-8Z-H01A it runs 127.00 and and it looks like you might need some horn braket and instructions are required too thats a part number 0000-8Z-H30 and it runs $18.75 so total would be $145.75 which seems way too cheap but that should be a complete kit with wiring and a switch and lights and panels the whole deal. Sorry sabrina just wanna get the info out feel free to order it from her though she is the one that works these boards and does a great job!

and it says Sabrina has them instock also

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
for a fog light kit you need part number 0000-8Z-H01A it runs 127.00 and and it looks like you might need some horn braket and instructions are required too thats a part number 0000-8Z-H30 and it runs $18.75 so total would be $145.75 which seems way too cheap but that should be a complete kit with wiring and a switch and lights and panels the whole deal. Sorry sabrina just wanna get the info out feel free to order it from her though she is the one that works these boards and does a great job!
and it says Sabrina has them instock also
[/b]

Nope, sorry will only fit the 2003-2005 with the non-sport bumper.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
They CAN'T fit. The housings are not the same. The bumper isn't even close to being the same.

As for the DAG site, I have no idea what you're seeing. Its not there in my listing..

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
The 2003-2005 bumpers are very different, so a piece fitting one will not fit the other. I won't attest to knowing what specific part numbers go to what years, but if it fits the 03-05, it wil NOT fit the 06.

·
Registered
62 Posts
you click on dag then the right says accessorry index click that then then you should see

Accessory Listing By Vehicle (Current Years)
Accessory Listing By Type Of Accessory (All Years)
Accessory Service Replacement Component Parts <<<<<< click this

then click mazda6 sedan then click all then its towards the bottom

don't shoot the messenger i am just trying to help.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Go to the .pdf listings. Its not there.

I understand that you're just trying to help, and I appreciate it. But believe me, they will not fit.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
i know there not in there but they are not listed for a 05 either in the pdf there are tons of parts on the thing i posted a pic of that are not in the pdf's.

and i understand everything is different but i am just showing that they are listed has anyone compared the openings and seen what is different i mean the covers have different part numbers for for all we know thats just a style change, i guess i can call mazda but they use the dag listed so i am sure they will say they fit

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Additionally, they will not fit 03-05 with the sport package and that caveat is not listed either.

Unfortunately, you have not been around here long enough to see all of the foglight related posts and/or know enough about the car and its models

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I've stopped using the accessories matrix because I've run into a lot of problems where they're not the right part. Or I'll email Mazda about something and they'll tell me its in the Accessories Matrix, and its not there. So one day, I thought "Oh, I'll be smart and look in the matrix (I even bookmarked the page) before asking Mazda about it" and nope, part wasnt there. What did Mazda tell me, that it was in there. So no, I don't use the Matrix any more. I know for a fact that these don't fit because I've had my sales department buy them, and try to install them because they didn't listen to me when I told them that the bumpers were different and it wouldn't fit.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Yep. Not the first time I've had a problem with fog lights.

·
Registered
62 Posts
well was on hold for 20 min, they said oh yeah the matrix is all messed up we are closing it down its to much to update and keep maintaned. I love how they are not like oh no thats not good or anything they just expect you to know its wrong gotta love mazda, he also said no plans for a kit the car either has them on not so sorry, you can get the lights the covers and brackets then the rest you might have to make.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
6 Participants
alexoleary
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing