Mazda 6 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just when I was ready to give up anf get an RX-8 it happened. I finally got the courage to go race my friends Rumble Bee and another friends 95 Civic. Both the dodge and the mazda were stock except intake. The civic had an engine swap with a 95 Acura Integra, and an intake. I pull to the line ready to get schooled in the Quarter the starter is checking to see if were both ready... And all the sudden its over and low and behold it was a tie. I couldnt believe it maybe the lack of performance parts really is worth waiting for. Just thought youd all like to know we dont have the GRANDMA cars I thought we had. :nana:

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
I hope this isn't a street race you're posting about on your first post. That's a big no-no here. :nono:

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Ugh, we've all heard the :nono: on the street racing thing. Even your signature says "Take it to the track!" :laugh:

He didn't specify, so he's not promoting or depromoting the track.

Although... he did say "we tied"... so I'm guessing it was a street race. The odds of having the EXACT same time in the 1/4 drag are slim to none.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I pull to the line ready to get schooled in the Quarter the starter is checking to see if were both ready[/b]
Sounds like a street race. i'm not gonna bitch or nothing but just an FYI it's not condoned here.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Who cares if it was street... im glad he told us, sometimes i worry bout my whip too... cant wait to make it faster though.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Mazda6 is known for it slow take-offs (confirmed by all SCCA World-Challenge Madza6 racers) and I'm very surprised that the 6 held it's own in a drag race :yesnod:

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Who cares if it was street... im glad he told us, sometimes i worry bout my whip too... cant wait to make it faster though.
[/b]
who cares? Maybe you should try reading the rules for the forums about illegal street racing..if that is what it was.. If you wanted a fast "whip" out the box. maybe a 4 door sedan wasn't the route to go.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Let me specify a bit I live in a town of 3000 people and the nearest track is three and a half hours from here. Maybe its easy when you live in a highly populated area to reach a track when you want but its just not feasable here. So we do the best we can, when its available we go out to our local airport and race at the end of the runway. Correct its not a track but its also not a street race just the best we can do with what we have available. :) :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
All you guys crying about street racing make me laugh. Most are probably the same people that talk on thier cell phones, read the newspaper, put on make up, or read maps all while driving, events that are far more comon than street racing. Most people have never even actualy seen a real street race.

Yet most of you participate in them all the time!! Sitting at a stoplight where your lane merges out on the other side, and you take off to beat the guy next to you....Congradulations, you just participated in a street race.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
All you guys crying about street racing make me laugh. Most are probably the same people that talk on thier cell phones, read the newspaper, put on make up, or read maps all while driving, events that are far more comon than street racing. Most people have never even actualy seen a real street race.

Yet most of you participate in them all the time!! Sitting at a stoplight where your lane merges out on the other side, and you take off to beat the guy next to you....Congradulations, you just participated in a street race.
[/b]
Get the fuck off the boards if you don't like the rules then. No-one is forcing your ass here.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Get the fuck off the boards if you don't like the rules then. No-one is forcing your ass here.
[/b]
who died and made you nazi wannabe mod?

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
who died and made you nazi wannabe mod?
[/b]
Not trying to be a mod. But why the hell should you be so high and mightier then every other fucken member here that respects the rules? We follow the rules so I don't see why some newbie has a problem with it. If you do, then go find another damn board to plague, not ours.

and I'm not really a dick. I'm just being a prick because you came in to acten like a prick.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Now that we got all that "street racing" stuff out of the way......Which car did you race? Your post is realy confusing to me. Did you race the other two at the same time? It was a three way tie? Man I hate f'ing rumble bees....could you make an uglier truck? Hell NO. I bet if you buy a rumble bee you have to get that decal tatooed on your face. That way people know that you are a tool even when you aren't behind the wheel. Blah, blah, blah,........explain the races better so that an idiot like me can figure out what you are trying to say.

And, hey, welcome to the boards.

·
Registered
113 Posts
[/b]

I looked through the Terms of Service (http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?act=boardrules) and found nothing pertaining to posting about street racing.. Posting video or audio of illeagal activity yes, but not dirrectly towards posting stories of street racing..

And even if there was a rule about not posting about street racing, my posts was not about street racing, it was about people crying about people posting about street racing.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Can someone post a pic of a rumble bee , I don't think we have this in Canada ... unless under another tag name ?
[/b]
You are so lucky if that is true. Rumble Bee = :barf:

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Not trying to be a mod. But why the hell should you be so high and mightier then every other fucken member here that respects the rules? We follow the rules so I don't see why some newbie has a problem with it. If you do, then go find another damn board to plague, not ours.

and I'm not really a dick. I'm just being a prick because you came in to acten like a prick.
[/b]

get over it.....it was his second post. calm down and quit being an ass hole its just the internet

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.