Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Mazda will not start . Replaced the starter . Started fine and ran . Today , it will not start again. Does anyone have any suggestions . Before replacing the starter , we checked and cleaned battery terminals , checked the fuses , and checked all relays . We are at a standstill . Can anyone help me ?

·
Registered
584 Posts
I had a similar experience on our CR-V 98, everything turns on except that it won't start. It was found out that there was a lose ground connection to the transmission.

There is a thread here that took him a couple of days to troubleshoot. He even had the car towed only to find out that all he needed to do is replace the battery terminals.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok , update on my 2006 Mazda 6 V6 3.0 Automatic......I fixed the problem . My husband said that he checked the battery and it was good . So , when we were hooking the battery back up , we looked at the wire going to the positive and negative battery posts . Well , the one going to the negative post didn't look so good . We redid it , and ...my car started . It wasn't getting a good connection to the battery. Thanks to all who replied to my post and commented .

·
Registered
584 Posts
Ok , update on my 2006 Mazda 6 V6 3.0 Automatic......I fixed the problem . My husband said that he checked the battery and it was good . So , when we were hooking the battery back up , we looked at the wire going to the positive and negative battery posts . Well , the one going to the negative post didn't look so good . We redid it , and ...my car started . It wasn't getting a good connection to the battery. Thanks to all who replied to my post and commented .
Good to know that your car is now running.

·
Rally Racer
1,749 Posts
If your battery is like mine then the negative battery terminal clamp is stretched out and barely holds even when tightened completely. My solution was to take a small section of copper pipe (about the height of the battery terminal post) and cut it open lengthwise. This then wraps around the terminal post effectively making it thicker so the battery cable can grip well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
DrFeelGood
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing