Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am trying to sell my speed 6 quickly before i move out of town. It turns out the Vin plate is missing from Driver side interior dash and many car buying services wont buy it with this information missing. My question is what are my options? I've heard the place sometimes gets loose and slips below the windshield. This would require the windshield to be removed, possibly braking it and costing my 500 bucks.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Have you ever had your windshield replaced? The regular 6 and the Speed 6 have the cutout for the VIN in different places on the glass, so if the regular 6 glass is used it will cover the VIN plate up. Unfortunately the only fix I know of would be to replace the glass with the actual Mazdaspeed glass.

For what it's worth Safelite can get the Mazdaspeed glass, I had them replace my windshield a few months ago, turns out I had regular 6 glass in mine. But that would require spending money I'm sure you don't want to spend.

·
Rally Racer
2,349 Posts
So I am trying to sell my speed 6 quickly before i move out of town. It turns out the Vin plate is missing from Driver side interior dash and many car buying services wont buy it with this information missing. My question is what are my options?
Give the car back to its owner and stop stealing cars.
:p

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
ha ha, it may be a desktop only thing.
Nope, shows on a phone browser. Id bet if people stopped using "apps" which are limited containers, they would enjoy more of the sites features. Ive proven in other threads that the browser is still more superior than an app.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Have you ever had your windshield replaced? The regular 6 and the Speed 6 have the cutout for the VIN in different places on the glass, so if the regular 6 glass is used it will cover the VIN plate up. Unfortunately the only fix I know of would be to replace the glass with the actual Mazdaspeed glass.

For what it's worth Safelite can get the Mazdaspeed glass, I had them replace my windshield a few months ago, turns out I had regular 6 glass in mine. But that would require spending money I'm sure you don't want to spend.
What's the difference between base 6 & MS6 glass? Both cars came in the same sedan form & there is, obviously, no HUD.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts