Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '06 Mazda 6 is having transmission issues and I have only basic knowledge of cars and no one in my area is familiar with Mazdas so i came here to find help.

As you can tell by the title, my main issue is that it will not shift passed 3rd gear.
It hard shifts into R when i first start the vehicle.
It shifts rough from 1 > 2 > 3, but then doesnt shift passed 3. If I come to a stop it will down shift back to 1 and the cycle restarts.

The AT codes that it shows are: P0715 & P0766.

I hope this is enough information to at least get some ideas of what I might try to fix it.

·
Registered
970 Posts
@DrFeelGood, I think you are familiar with this model year.

I've read that some members here changed their transmission fluid and the shifting became smooth.

If your transmission problem is similar to our CR-V 98, then no amount of oil change will do. You need to overhaul it. What is happening back then was, it will hesitate to shift to 4th gear. Then there were times while cruising that it will shift down from 4th to 3rd gear and thus, bringing up the RPM to 3000. This I neglected until it won't shift anymore.

·
Registered
768 Posts
p0766 - could be
Low transmission fluid level
  • Dirty transmission fluid
  • Faulty shift solenoid D valve
  • Shift solenoid D valve harness or connectors
  • Shift solenoid D valve circuit is open or shorted
p0715 - This error is from the "transmission module", it usually points to a bad speed sensor.

You are doing much more harm driving this atm than anything. Probably already too late.... please keep the thread updated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine is having the same issue. I had the check engine light pop on and my code comes up as the engine knock sensor. I had already replaced this a few months ago when the issue first happened. The part I bought is bad I believe, after speaking with my mechanic. After the replacement it had no issues. It started acting up again a few days ago. Going to replace it tomorrow again.
It is acting fine now, and both times it happened just briefly...almost like the car had a seizure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I replaced the TCM (Transmission Control Module) 4 days ago. The AT light went off, and I haven't had the issue since. I'll keep updating for anyone that is interested or might come across the same issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I replaced the TCM (Transmission Control Module) 4 days ago. The AT light went off, and I haven't had the issue since. I'll keep updating for anyone that is interested or might come across the same issue.
Where is the TCM ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Anyone have a clue which solenoid is which..was given the code for A..replaced A & B STILL NO CHANGE...been reading and it seems it might be D..no labels so is there a schematic somewhere? Anyone have a clue?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts