Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I’ve been trying to figure out this problem for about three weeks now. I was otw to work and the car stalled out and died on me. So, I went after work, bought a battery, thinking it was that. Drove home ok, still a little weird but it got home. Next day, it started running really bad on idle or when it was cold, after it warmed up it ran better but still slightly shaky. Not how it suppose to run, the engine was smooth before this. Was thinking it was a bad maf, replaced that. Mind you, before I was having problem I replaced my air box with a cold air intake. 2 weeks later i started having these problems after the install. I couldn’t figure it out so I took it to my buddy that works as a mechanic for luck Chevrolet. We smoke tested the car, saw that my egr valve was leaking. So, purchased that expensive thing, put it in, having the same problems. Checked my PCV valve, the ball inside the tube was moving, so that’s good. Another alarming thing is when I’m in first gear (automatic) I’ll press the gas to the floor, the car is lame it’ll barely accelerate, and then I’ll hear a pop and it’ll accelerate. I can’t figure out what’s wrong thought the popping was coming from my egr valve but i guess not.
The codes I’m getting are low voltage o2 codes or no activity from some o2 sensors. The strange thing is all of my o2 sensors are reading around 0.010 to 0.020 and I’m pretty sure they’re suppose to be it least above 0.1 V
If anybody has any kind of idea please help.
Codes Mazda is Throwing rn:
P0157 - O2 Sensor Circuit Low Voltage Bank 2 sensor 2
P0137 - O2 Sensor Circuit Low Voltage Bank 1 Sensor 2
P0151 - O2 Sensor Circuit Low Voltage Bank 2 Sensor 1
P0131 - O2 Sensor Circuit Low Voltage Bank 1 Sensor 1
P0154 - O2 Sensor Circuit No Activity Detected Bank 2 Sensor 1

·
Rally Racer
2004 Mazda 6s Wagon ATX
4,006 Posts
All your O2 sensors are offline. I would not buy anything else but rather spend some time chasing those 02 signals.
The upstream sensors do all of your fuel mixture calculations (probably responsible for the poor running). The downstream sensor is only there to monitor the catalyst (emissions), it's irrelevant beyond that.
I would check all the engine harness connectors. The electrics (especially the plastic bits) are brittle so be cautious if you separate and reconnect those connectors. I feel that is where your issue lies.
Good luck. Report back.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So, I’ve been trying to figure out this problem for about three weeks now. I was otw to work and the car stalled out and died on me. So, I went after work, bought a battery, thinking it was that. Drove home ok, still a little weird but it got home. Next day, it started running really bad on idle or when it was cold, after it warmed up it ran better but still slightly shaky. Not how it suppose to run, the engine was smooth before this. Was thinking it was a bad maf, replaced that. Mind you, before I was having problem I replaced my air box with a cold air intake. 2 weeks later i started having these problems after the install. I couldn’t figure it out so I took it to my buddy that works as a mechanic for luck Chevrolet. We smoke tested the car, saw that my egr valve was leaking. So, purchased that expensive thing, put it in, having the same problems. Checked my PCV valve, the ball inside the tube was moving, so that’s good. Another alarming thing is when I’m in first gear (automatic) I’ll press the gas to the floor, the car is lame it’ll barely accelerate, and then I’ll hear a pop and it’ll accelerate. I can’t figure out what’s wrong thought the popping was coming from my egr valve but i guess not.
The codes I’m getting are low voltage o2 codes or no activity from some o2 sensors. The strange thing is all of my o2 sensors are reading around 0.010 to 0.020 and I’m pretty sure they’re suppose to be it least above 0.1 V
If anybody has any kind of idea please help.
Codes Mazda is Throwing rn:
P0157 - O2 Sensor Circuit Low Voltage Bank 2 sensor 2
P0137 - O2 Sensor Circuit Low Voltage Bank 1 Sensor 2
P0151 - O2 Sensor Circuit Low Voltage Bank 2 Sensor 1
P0131 - O2 Sensor Circuit Low Voltage Bank 1 Sensor 1
P0154 - O2 Sensor Circuit No Activity Detected Bank 2 Sensor 1
So I was having similar troubles...
Replaced:
EGR
Plugs
COILS
Plenum gaskets
Some vacuum hoses AND
that dang T-connector under air intake for radiator..
Called "radiator hose connector" !
That is VERY brittle, so buy one 'cause you should replace while you are down there.

PS. How many miles your car has.? Maybe simply time for a service

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@DrFeelGood
I’ve checked all the plastic connectors, they all look good. I even unplugged them and put a lil bit of grease in them to make sure the current flows right if they get a lil wet or anything. I have an appt with Mazda for a diagnosis the 9th of December because I can’t figure it out.
@Bikeprof
There’s only 60,000 miles in the car, that’s why I don’t understand why it’s running like it is. I find it really hard to believe that a cold air intake would be making the car run like it is.

·
Rally Racer
2004 Mazda 6s Wagon ATX
4,006 Posts
@DrFeelGood
I’ve checked all the plastic connectors, they all look good. I even unplugged them and put a lil bit of grease in them to make sure the current flows right if they get a lil wet or anything. I have an appt with Mazda for a diagnosis the 9th of December because I can’t figure it out.
@Bikeprof
There’s only 60,000 miles in the car, that’s why I don’t understand why it’s running like it is. I find it really hard to believe that a cold air intake would be making the car run like it is.
Did you revert back to the original intake? Without the sensor 1 on the O2 circuit the car will not know how much fuel to be putting in and will not run well at all. After checking everything that was touched when you did the intake install, it will have to be a step-wise diagnostic. Good luck with Mazda, I hope it works out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ford 3L V6 engines that were installed in Mazda cars clog CATS as much as the sun comes up every morning..., like ALL the time. 😭

Maybe your CATS(upstream, @engine area) are beginning to clog.?
Maybe the O2 sensor n MAF thingy went crazy with new intake (like Dr Feelgood mentioned), BTW, you inspected fuel filter.?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts