Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my car started feeling like it was surging for petrol and took to mechanics they said codes came up for air intake and evap sensors so had them replaced. The car seemed to run better but still surging like its searching for petrol and they have taken to auto electrical and no one can figure out what is wrong with it and I'm just wondering if anyone can help please

484 Posts
Are any other codes coming up after you replacing those two things?

When do you notice the surging? During idle? Full throttle acceleration? Coasting?

First things first is to check for vacuum leaks and inspect the fuel system.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi no codes are coming in now the evap and air intake has been replaced.

Surging happens at idle and while foot is down a little just all the time
Checked fuel system and no vaccum leaks

484 Posts
Hi no codes are coming in now the evap and air intake has been replaced.

Surging happens at idle and while foot is down a little just all the time
Checked fuel system and no vaccum leaks
It could be so many different things. Hopefully someone else can chime in on this.

When you start the car up in the morning, does it smell strongly like gas, especially behind the car?

I am suspecting either clogged fuel injectors or perhaps something is wrong with the fuel pump. I think It would be safe to run a strong concentration of fuel injector cleaner (add a full bottle on an empty tank and then fill up like half a tank of gas) and do one or two sprints of full throttle acceleration once the engine is warmed up to get the injectors fully opened up.

484 Posts
By the way I'd highly suggest you start a new thread with a better title

Etc. 2007 Mazda 6 (or whatever year yours is) Surging problem

Be sure to also mention your mileage and V6 or 4 cylinder

484 Posts
Sorry I meant coils. They checked the fuel injectors
Then it is probably a failing fuel pump. If it only happens during idle then I would suggest cleaning out the throttle body and IAC (idle air control valve) If you're certain that there is no vacuum leaks I don't see what else could be causing this. Surging is typically the result of something messing with your air to fuel ratio.

@bulwnkl @tickerguy and @Mad Myche are the three knowledgable guys that come to mind within this forum. Hopefully they can chime in.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thabk you yes it is very frustrating the mechanic said they cant figure out what it is and that my car is a lemon and drive it till it dies. Been to auto electrician as well. I'll suggest all these things to them but I'm pretty sure they said they have checked everything. Hopefully can figure out what it is so I dint have to have a lemon for a car lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 2010 4 cyl with 360,000 miles does the same thing when I idle and reverse. Having it looked at tomorrow. I'll come back with results.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No I didnt get fixed they couldnt figure w
Out what was wrong with it it still.does it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine turned out to be a lambda sensor, the one in the precat. Easy enough to test if you unplug it and it fixes the problem replace the sensor!

·
Registered
6 Posts
It is the emissions sensor in the exhaust, but when it is malfunctioning it can make the fuel mixture to lean or too rich if it is reading the oxygen levels in the exhaust system incorrectly

1 - 20 of 22 Posts