Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 mazda 6 and when its in park or in traffic and has at least or below quarter tank, it stalls out, I've cleaned the throttle body, changed the 02 oxygen sensor which gave an engine check light
but it still does so.... Can anyone help with this problem..?

·
Rally Racer
1,742 Posts
I have a 2006 mazda 6 and when its in park or in traffic and has at least or below quarter tank, it stalls out, I've cleaned the throttle body, changed the 02 oxygen sensor which gave an engine check light
but it still does so.... Can anyone help with this problem..?
Hello, welcome to the forum.
What is your code?
What is your engine?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the Engine Checklight code was P0131 but itwas cleared after the sensor was replaced, haven't got another since, and its a 2.3L Engine

·
Rally Racer
1,742 Posts
the Engine Checklight code was P0131 but itwas cleared after the sensor was replaced, haven't got another since, and its a 2.3L Engine
Great. I am guessing the car has no problems when it is at a half tank or above correct? The only thing that comes to mind is the fuel pump (located in the tank) may be having issues with pickup or perhaps heat (fuel immersion cools the pump)
I would check fuel pressure when it runs well (full tank) then compare it to fuel pressure when running poorly (under 1/4 tank)
As always check for intake vacuum leaks and such (although those problems would persist regardless of tank level)

·
Registered
580 Posts
... has at least or below quarter tank, it stalls out..

One experience I had with the Isuzu Hilander, it will stall once the fuel level is 1/4. The solution was to clean the fuel filter and of course, to always fill up when half empty.

I later found out that the tank is so dirty and it will take in so much dirt that it will clog the fuel filter once you reach a quarter of the tank level.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
Archerfish
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing