Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I’m trying to hook up a aftermarket amp to my 2006 Mazda 6 I bought new radio I have power and sound but it’s static when I turn up loud any ideas? And I have my amp hooked up with subs but the subs isn’t hitting?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Gotta be more specific. What head unit Iin which dash? What amps?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Are you still having this issue?

It also depends on if your car is bose, or non bose.

If it is bose you need to give your audio signal to the "speaker wires" where they are connected to the main harness and run to the bose amp from the RCA preamp output on the back of your need headunit. You will also need to provide power from the new headunit's remote wire to the corresponding wire that goes to your amp(s). If you have only bose subwoofer/amp you just need to run the remote wire to the wire in the stock harness like you did with the speaker signal wires.

If it is non bose, recheck your wiring for your speakers, check that your ground is connected firmly to bare metal, and make sure there is no crossing of wires(interference) from your wires that go to your amp or head unit. (I believe power and speaker/rca wires should be ran away from each other without crossing)

It could also be a matter of the quality of the wiring you are using.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts