Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 06 sport i. I was wondering if anyone else has the same car and knows if we have functional inegrated fog lamps, or if we just have the ones in the lower bumper. I have seen some of the other members cars that have them both and i think it looks pretty sweet. Any info u guy/girls can give me would be much appreciated. O yeah almost forgot, Mazda is once again tearing up the touring car circuit, mazda finished 1, 2 and i think three last weekend! he he totally schooled acura!

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
ehmm i think for 06 models, they dont have integrated fog and lower fog...

what u saw was either 03-05 mazda6 non-sport with OEM lower fog (accesories) or 03-05 mazda6 sport with aftermarket lower fog...

·
Registered
46 Posts
funny, i was just wondering the same thing. i have lower fogs, but also have integrated fogs that don't turn on. seems odd they'd disable them seeing as you can't independantly turn on the lower fogs anyway. so, only 3 of the 4 lights within either front light assembly actually work. i understand why they'd do this, but I guess the question is how can we make our integrated fogs come on with the lowers? are they even there? i mean, the spaces for the lights are there... i've not had a close look.

-s

·
Registered
62 Posts

what u saw was either 03-05 mazda6 non-sport with OEM lower fog (accesories) or 03-05 mazda6 sport with aftermarket lower fog...
[/b]
You thought wrong..
I have a 6i and mine has lower fogs with no integrated foglights on the headlight assembly.. Anyone knows how to install bulbs for the integrated fogs on the headlight assembly? has anyone done this before and is it H3 also?

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
ok... for some of countries... like canada for an example.... we have the option on getting the integrated fog if u r buying the base model with nothing else, we call them convenience package.... but every other model gets integrated fogs... for 03-05 that is...

and our integrated fogs are made by Bosch... you can get them from hidplanet.. for like 55USD i guess... i m not sure... it's the exact same one.... about the wiring, i m not too sure, maybe you can just tap into the lower fog and make them turn on both at the same time.... with a wiring harness that is....

i iwsh i have the wiring diagram for the 06, so that i could use the high beam as my DRL....

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I put in my new piaa xtremes today and i noticed there is a connector inside the headlamp, im pretty sure it is for the intergrated fogs on my m6 sport i. I need to find a wiring diagram and see if i cant rig something up. Anyone got n e ideas?

·
Administrator
8,397 Posts

[/b]

You thought wrong..
I have a 6i and mine has lower fogs with no integrated foglights on the headlight assembly.. Anyone knows how to install bulbs for the integrated fogs on the headlight assembly? has anyone done this before and is it H3 also?
[/b]
No, he's right.

In the US (where the original poster is from), the '06 models ONLY have the lower fogs, not the lower AND intergrated fogs, as t_mo_t said.

What he said about the '03'-05 models is correct as well.

AFAIK, the '03-'05 headlights have the lense pre-installed in the unit, whether or not you have the integrated fogs or not. For '06, it looks like the lense has been replaced with a plastic cover, so it'll be a little more tricky to install a set of fogs (although not impossible).

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
thanks for backing me up Mz6GreyGhost :D

ok, i think the wiring for 06 is quite a bit different than 03-05 models... but if u wanna get aftermarket switch to turn on ur fog light, i think that would be doable... if u opt to use the stock wiring, u have to search for the wiring diagram first... i heard somewhere in this forum that you can subscribe the wiring diagram from a site... check out the foglight mod... i think drew posted something about a site, i m lazy to search/.... :p

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
AFAIK, the '03-'05 headlights have the lense pre-installed in the unit, whether or not you have the integrated fogs or not. For '06, it looks like the lense has been replaced with a plastic cover, so it'll be a little more tricky to install a set of fogs (although not impossible).
[/b]
mine came with a plastic piece that looked kinda like a lens from the outside. i had to remove it for me to put in my integrated fogs.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
until i get pulled over and told not to do it, they are staying like that. i've never had a problem with them so far. and if they do say something, i can just turn off the fogs with the twiost of a knob. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
7 Participants
pololance6i
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing